Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline andy_226  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2017 10:51:08(UTC)
andy_226

Hi Guys, Fledgling member to the forum here! I'm just in the process of buying a Megane RS 250. I absolutely love the car....But cannot stand that gear shift beep one bit. Is there any way to either switch it off or make it quieter? I do not have the RS monitor fitted btw. Cry Thanks
Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2017 18:23:07(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: andy_226 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys, Fledgling member to the forum here! I'm just in the process of buying a Megane RS 250. I absolutely love the car....But cannot stand that gear shift beep one bit. Is there any way to either switch it off or make it quieter? I do not have the RS monitor fitted btw. Cry Thanks

Not sure that you can - certainly can't in the Clio.

Remember however that this is a 'rev limiter' warning not a gear change reminder.
When you get used to the car if you drive in a manner that synchronises the revs\torque then not only will the car drive better but the 'rev limiter' warning will never be activated as optimum changes will occur below this limit.
Offline MikeWDY  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2017 18:58:47(UTC)
MikeWDY

With the Monitor, yes you can. I can't remember exactly how but in the monitor you adjust at what revs you want it to beep. From memory, if not wanting it, set it really low, like 500 RPM.
Offline MikeWDY  
#4 Posted : 22 August 2017 13:02:17(UTC)
MikeWDY

Just looked in a manual and it does allow you to change it. I'm not set up on a photo share site now Photobucket are ripping us off so if you want a photo of the instructions from the book just PM be with your email address.