Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

49 Pages«<2627282930>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#676 Posted : 21 February 2018 10:41:08(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Hi Marfo. Any pictures of these cars on UK soil? 😆
Offline sunnylunn  
#677 Posted : 21 February 2018 11:09:18(UTC)
sunnylunn

gets a great write up in this months Evo magazine.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#678 Posted : 21 February 2018 14:43:20(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Offline f.a.t  
#679 Posted : 21 February 2018 16:02:01(UTC)
f.a.t

I have read all the reviews, every review says the chassis as brilliant, but the engine has had mixed reviews, some say very good as in evo, others say it okay for the class. Which leads me to think that the running in of the engines has varied. For what ever reason Renault engines seem susceptible to mileage running in' and I think thats the reason reviews of the engine have been so varied.
Offline Marc_250  
#680 Posted : 21 February 2018 17:46:52(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: f.a.t Go to Quoted Post
I have read all the reviews, every review says the chassis as brilliant, but the engine has had mixed reviews, some say very good as in evo, others say it okay for the class. Which leads me to think that the running in of the engines has varied. For what ever reason Renault engines seem susceptible to mileage running in' and I think thats the reason reviews of the engine have been so varied.

More likely just different views/opinions/perspectives. When it gets some direct comparison/back to back reviews with other cars more will become clear. Be interesting how it stacks up against a 275.
Offline Marfo  
#681 Posted : 21 February 2018 22:26:14(UTC)
Marfo

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Hi Marfo. Any pictures of these cars on UK soil? 😆

https://www.instagram.co...TADV-/?taken-by=marficko
Offline WHO! ME.  
#682 Posted : 22 February 2018 00:37:44(UTC)
WHO! ME.

That conclusive UK soil picture looks very convincing.
Offline FramerateUK  
#683 Posted : 22 February 2018 08:32:58(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: f.a.t Go to Quoted Post

I did my first trackday at 1k miles in my old 250 and the engine felt very tight. I did another at 3500 miles and it was a world of difference.

I've put 22k on my 220 Trophy and the engine feels much better than it did when it was new (given that the 1.8 is essentially a development of this engine I'd imagine it would need some mileage too). The same is true for most engines though. My dad's Subarus have always needed quite a few miles to loosen them up.
Offline foxspeed  
#684 Posted : 24 February 2018 11:14:28(UTC)
foxspeed

really looking forward to the uk cars arriving and having a real close look/drive Cool
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#685 Posted : 24 February 2018 21:45:08(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Some good comments coming from all the test drives from dealer staff etc. Looking like an exciting new car. Cant wait for Harratts Wakefield to get there demo in :)
Offline Marfo  
#686 Posted : 26 February 2018 18:17:46(UTC)
Marfo

I must confirm it sounds realy amazing. I didnt have a chance to drive it but it looks fabulous.
But from my point of view it looks inside very similar to Megane GT just different colour and some details.
And dissapointingly they still didnt change a glove box for UK version. :D
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#687 Posted : 26 February 2018 18:44:59(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Glove box? Is that important?
Offline skny  
#688 Posted : 27 February 2018 09:59:51(UTC)
skny

Good to hear the cars have reached the UK already, probably still the sport chassis ones so even if driven by EVO or the likes of, it wont give us any more info we already know, looking forward for a cup chassis review on the B roads, compared to the Type-R, Cupra300,

but the timing is killing me, half of 2017 they say it will be available to order from december on, now I get the info I books open May - June.... with prices to be announced just then for the Polish market... I know we are a small market for the RS but still there's quite a few of us here that would have ordered the first cup 280's be them available to order in Dec17....

I might as well go german for now and return for a facelifted 300 as this is just getting too long to wait for, and too close for the phase 2 to arrive.

Earliest possible collection of a cup chassis 280 if ordered today through a german dealer is beginning of September...

Then a week later the 300 Trophy goes on sale, and I bet spring 2019 Geneva shows the facelift phase 2.... as the 250/265 trophy also came in the fall and in the spring there was the ph2 announced...

as much as I have loved the idea of the mk4 meg RS I am somehow cured of the enthusiasm I had initially...
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#689 Posted : 27 February 2018 10:08:32(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: skny Go to Quoted Post
Good to hear the cars have reached the UK already, probably still the sport chassis ones so even if driven by EVO or the likes of, it wont give us any more info we already know, looking forward for a cup chassis review on the B roads, compared to the Type-R, Cupra300,

but the timing is killing me, half of 2017 they say it will be available to order from december on, now I get the info I books open May - June.... with prices to be announced just then for the Polish market... I know we are a small market for the RS but still there's quite a few of us here that would have ordered the first cup 280's be them available to order in Dec17....

I might as well go german for now and return for a facelifted 300 as this is just getting too long to wait for, and too close for the phase 2 to arrive.

Earliest possible collection of a cup chassis 280 if ordered today through a german dealer is beginning of September...

Then a week later the 300 Trophy goes on sale, and I bet spring 2019 Geneva shows the facelift phase 2.... as the 250/265 trophy also came in the fall and in the spring there was the ph2 announced...

as much as I have loved the idea of the mk4 meg RS I am somehow cured of the enthusiasm I had initially...

Good luck with your purchase
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#690 Posted : 27 February 2018 12:11:36(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: skny Go to Quoted Post

The original post to this thread says that order books would open in spring 2018. Where did you read it would be December last year? Next year will be too early for a phase 2 model I think.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#691 Posted : 27 February 2018 18:39:28(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Does anyone know when someone in the UK can expect to get delivery of a standard Sport chassis car, assuming they order in April? Is it May or later?
Offline WHO! ME.  
#692 Posted : 27 February 2018 19:39:53(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know when someone in the UK can expect to get delivery of a standard Sport chassis car, assuming they order in April? Is it May or later?

I heard pre order from April and expect to take delivery sometime in July.
Offline RSaddict  
#693 Posted : 27 February 2018 22:02:56(UTC)
RSaddict

One thing that does confuse me, why Renault are not able to launch the car with the Recaro interior available? It’s not like they haven’t been designing the car for years and it’s come as a surprise.

Just find that strange...
Offline skny  
#694 Posted : 28 February 2018 09:09:42(UTC)
skny

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post

The original post to this thread says that order books would open in spring 2018. Where did you read it would be December last year? Next year will be too early for a phase 2 model I think.

The sales were to begin mid December all around europe, now its late late spring in Europe, be interesting to see if there will be a similar delay in the UK as well.

the thing is I am already putting too much mileage on my R27, was planning to jump into a meg in Feb/March and have the clio put in the garage and start working on it slightly trackmod it and detail a bit, now I dont want to put that extra 15 - 20 k on the clio before I can do the switch

Anyway, why the delay ? the particualte filter for the petrol ? Agree on the Recaros, the ordinary car is in the market long enough for the team to have the recaro fitment mastered.... where there's a will there's a way....

Offline WHO! ME.  
#695 Posted : 28 February 2018 10:37:34(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Reading your post seems this stalling by Renault, people will lose interest very quickly when a punter wants to buy a car they want it like yesterday everyone one here are hardened Renault RS fans very loyal I can see that I certainly will wait for an RS Sport but nor will I wait indefinitely I’m not an RS hardened loyal fan, maybe not bother even caring any more just keep what I have and be content with my lot.

Jeremy did reply to a question I posted way back it was in relation will the fire that destroyed the Alpine A110 will that problem have a knock-on delay for the RS 280 release date, as these engines are the exact same are they not anyway Jeremy insisted this will have no bearing on the RS launch date which that fault is only related to the Alpine A110.

Just seems a big tickle to have a car advertised and review magazines singing its praises then Renault decide to delay the release even further will be interesting to see if Renault UK will make active their calculator for the RS 280 in April.

Let’s hope Renault update with some information on the state of play concerning this motor and what is happening with regards to the release schedule anyone from Renault would like to reply. Thanks, in advance.

It’s a waiting game really, and you know what the monkey said when it got its tail cut off? It won’t be long now. Shocked

Edited by user 28 February 2018 10:39:11(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling mistake

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#696 Posted : 28 February 2018 10:46:38(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Where are you boys all getting excited about a delay? It hasn't as far as my dealer tells me
Offline CraigI  
#697 Posted : 28 February 2018 14:40:04(UTC)
CraigI

Revert your eyes back to post number one in this thread and advise what this delay to U.K. cars is that you speak of?
“Order books for New Renault Mégane R.S. will open in the UK in spring 2018.” I just Googled and FYI UK Spring is 20th March to 21st June. Didn’t know that.

Quite how you were planning to get a RS Megane in Feb / March I don’t know, as that would likely be before the order books open.
If you can’t, by the 21st June, place an order then I’ll give you that there has been a delay.

Good things come to those who wait.
If you can’t wait, I hope your enjoyment of German offerings lasts far longer than mine did. A terrible waste of a lot of money IMO.
Offline g7egt  
#698 Posted : 28 February 2018 20:08:42(UTC)
g7egt

Yes the German offerings are rather good but so univolving, just selling my rather lovely S3 and have gone back to a Megane Cup S. The lights are rubbish and it’s dated but for value money and a very able road/track car I’m rather pleased.
Offline skny  
#699 Posted : 28 February 2018 20:13:38(UTC)
skny

Craigl, yes I know the Spring sales opening in the UK was communicated from the very beginning, the EU market had a planned sales start in mid december

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#700 Posted : 01 March 2018 13:53:29(UTC)
Breadvan Matt