Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tanim  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2017 14:15:15(UTC)
Tanim

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a PDF version of guide for the RLink?

I've added few stations in the favourite and can't seem to delete it. There are lots of other options which I've not even explored so guide will definitely help.

The interior light also comes on every time car is unlocked, is there any way to disable it?

Many thanks,
Tanim
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2017 07:51:29(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I've added few stations in the favourite and can't seem to delete it. There are lots of other options which I've not even explored so guide will definitely help.

The interior light also comes on every time car is unlocked, is there any way to disable it?

Many thanks,
Tanim

You can download a guide here: http://gb.e-guide.renault.com/eng/R-LINK

Have a read of the handbook and you'll see that you can turn the interior lights off using the switch on the lights
Offline Tanim  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2017 10:47:02(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Many thanks,
Tanim

You can download a guide here: http://gb.e-guide.renault.com/eng/R-LINK

Have a read of the handbook and you'll see that you can turn the interior lights off using the switch on the lights

Cheers! Thank you so much kind Sir. Cool
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2017 11:10:47(UTC)
eccentric1

Tanim,
just a quick question; didn't you get the DAB (radio) option?
Offline Tanim  
#5 Posted : 17 November 2017 14:13:24(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Tanim,
just a quick question; didn't you get the DAB (radio) option?

Hey Keith,

Yep, I've got the DAB radio but this is the shortcut menu at the bottom of the main screen.
Offline eccentric1  
#6 Posted : 17 November 2017 21:23:48(UTC)
eccentric1

Not sure where you mean, maybe you have R-Link 2 and it's a bit different to mine?

The reason I asked is that my DAB system has just about every radio station I've ever heard of and loads that I haven't so I don't have to do anything other than page through them and select what I want, altough I must also admit that I almost always listen to any of the 350+ CDs on my USB flash drive.

Hope you're enjoying the car and when it's run in you should experiment with the pedal and steering mapping, you'll be amazed at the difference if you haven't already reset them.
At some point you must try the "extreme" setting for Sport & Race modes, but beware of what happens under your right foot after doing so.
Offline Tanim  
#7 Posted : 20 November 2017 09:34:34(UTC)
Tanim

Not sure where you mean, maybe you have R-Link 2 and it's a bit different to mine?

The reason I asked is that my DAB system has just about every radio station I've ever heard of and loads that I haven't so I don't have to do anything other than page through them and select what I want, altough I must also admit that I almost always listen to any of the 350+ CDs on my USB flash drive.

Hope you're enjoying the car and when it's run in you should experiment with the pedal and steering mapping, you'll be amazed at the difference if you haven't already reset them.
At some point you must try the "extreme" setting for Sport & Race modes, but beware of what happens under your right foot after doing so.

Yeh I think it's R-link 2 and the oil temperature is something I appreciate the most from the list of other things. I know it's time to hit the RS mode soon as car's all warmed up at 90* C LOL

I only switch to radio for local traffic news but mostly using the USB stick to loop through the favourite songs. In the home screen there is a favourite icon of "heart" and there you can put 12 radio stations, favourite destinations etc. I still haven't managed to delete the station which I wrongly added to the favourites but not losing sleep over it hahaha, just annoyed my OCD at first.

How do I experiment the pedal and steering mapping? Can it be done in the R-Link 2 app? I made a super rookie mistake, on my second day of driving I went WOT and there was a torque steer but made worse by the fact new tyres take a week or so to get out of the shell completely.

Saturday I was behind this Lambo (Aventador I think) and even though he was pulling away it gave me a time to test the RS mode again, put such a huge smile on the face because I realised this car is quick! Was a bit sunny so went for that photoshoot, here is just a few of them:

UserPostedImage

I've got plenty more on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/tanim_ahmad/

And I still haven't found the manual to disable the option for the interior light to come on automatically, just don't have the time to read through the manual but hopefully I will have a bit more time during Xmas holidays.

Edited by user 20 November 2017 09:37:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline eccentric1  
#8 Posted : 20 November 2017 10:35:22(UTC)
eccentric1

Hopefully your system is the same as mine in this respect:
Put it into Sport mode (not race)
You should have a + to the bottom right of the screen - press it
Then you should get an option for car setup
Under here you can remap steering and accelerator. "Snow" seems to be default, I changed this to "Extreme" and beware, there is a big difference between these two! There are also some interim settings.
I now drive in "Snow" mode for normal auto mode and Extreme in Sport & Race.

As for your radio settings; totally different to mine, thanks for clarifying.
Offline Tanim  
#9 Posted : 20 November 2017 16:12:08(UTC)
Tanim

Hopefully your system is the same as mine in this respect:
Put it into Sport mode (not race)
You should have a + to the bottom right of the screen - press it
Then you should get an option for car setup
Under here you can remap steering and accelerator. "Snow" seems to be default, I changed this to "Extreme" and beware, there is a big difference between these two! There are also some interim settings.
I now drive in "Snow" mode for normal auto mode and Extreme in Sport & Race.

As for your radio settings; totally different to mine, thanks for clarifying.

Mine doesn't show up the + option bottom right of the screen, I'll check the manual out. They updated the version it looks like. I do feel like in Race mode steering feels a lot heavier than Normal or RS mode.
Offline eccentric1  
#10 Posted : 20 November 2017 16:37:51(UTC)
eccentric1

You have to go into the RS Monitor.
Offline Tanim  
#11 Posted : 21 November 2017 09:54:47(UTC)
Tanim

Mine looks exactly like this
but no options for steering set up there. I've also checked in the settings menu within the RS monitor. Is it possible to youtube it on your channel please?
Offline eccentric1  
#12 Posted : 21 November 2017 10:27:56(UTC)
eccentric1

At 31 seconds into the video you see a "+" in a box at the bottom right of the screen.
So long as you're in Sport Mode when you select the "+" box you go into car setup and can follow my instructions as previously posted.

If you really can't find it there then I'll youtube it myself, but that'll take a few hours to video edit.

Edited by user 21 November 2017 10:29:50(UTC)  | Reason: youtube

Offline Tanim  
#13 Posted : 21 November 2017 20:56:38(UTC)
Tanim

Thanks a lot again Keith. I'll check it out tomorrow. I've been quoted £275 for front bumper stone chip damage. I didn't know that they're so expensive, respraying the whole bumper probably cost the same?
Offline eccentric1  
#14 Posted : 22 November 2017 02:00:56(UTC)
eccentric1

Ouch, you have stone chip damage already? Is it much?
Dare I mention wrapping again?
It cost me just over €500 to wrap the whole front end including bonnet and I'm so glad I did, especially after my previous Alfa was decimated with stone chips over the years.

There's another discussion ongoing right now about touching up our yellow colour and the difficulty of getting a perfect match, be careful not to just go for the cheapest from a paint shop with no LY experience.
Offline Tanim  
#15 Posted : 22 November 2017 09:54:49(UTC)
Tanim

No stone chip damage yet as I'm still driving like a nanny until I'm fully one with the car LOL

I'm planning on going the Lakes or Yorkshire Dales in December so might want the bumper to be completely shielded.

£275 seems a lot but not compared to €500! I think it would be a good investment as I'll be tracking next year with the car as well.

Thank you so much again Keith! And I tried the "+" on display and it doesn't take me to car settings, I think only the Race mode gets rid of the traction and sets it to extreme mode. I'm OK with that because I press RS once roads are clear but quickly switch back to normal once it's traffic again. Best of both worlds Cool
Offline eccentric1  
#16 Posted : 22 November 2017 11:02:31(UTC)
eccentric1

Hi Tanim,
I've created a new discussion to explain exactly how to do this (and how not to do it) in the Clio sub forum, let's continue this part of the discussion there .....

http://www.renaultsport....aspx?g=posts&t=89412

Edited by user 22 November 2017 11:03:35(UTC)  | Reason: Link