Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 22 November 2017 11:00:03(UTC)
eccentric1

Following on from another unrelated discussion where this topic started to be discussed I decided to create a bit of an info discussion on how to remap the pedal and steering through the RS Monitor.

Firstly, do not try this in Normal Auto mode or Race Mode for that matter, it doesn't work.
UserPostedImage
The above picture is in Normal (Auto) Mode and if you click the "+" (plus sign) at the bottom right you don't get the correct options ...
UserPostedImage

So, what to do, step by step:
1. Put the car into Sport Mode

UserPostedImage

2. Start the RS Monitor
UserPostedImage

3. Now select the "+" (plus sign) in the bottom right corner
UserPostedImage

4. Now select the option for Car Setup
UserPostedImage
You have two choices; Pedal Map & Power Steering

These next two pictures show the options for each of Pedal Map & Power Steering:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Have fun with this but beware as "Extreme" on the pedal map makes a big difference, the car will be much more responsive than with the default "Snow" setting as per delivery.
Offline Tanim  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2017 11:42:39(UTC)
Tanim

Thanks a million for this but the pictures are not loading Disapprove

Is it only not working for me?
Offline eccentric1  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2017 11:44:40(UTC)
eccentric1

As they're working for me I can't speak for anyone else. Maybe clear your cookies or F5 to refresh?
Offline johnny#178  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2017 13:58:01(UTC)
johnny#178

Pictures work.

Mind that on my 2014 200t there were no settings for pedal maps, just for the steering.
Offline eccentric1  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2017 15:05:46(UTC)
eccentric1

Ahh OK, I can only vouch for my Facelift 220 Trophy.
Offline Tanim  
#6 Posted : 22 November 2017 16:43:45(UTC)
Tanim

@eccentric1 Brilliant!!!!!!!! Thank you so so sooo much!! Yes, I definitely will have that and will change it on the way back home now hahahaa. My workplace has blocked that site LOL

@Johnny Thank you so much! That proved the issue was on my side.
Offline eccentric1  
#7 Posted : 22 November 2017 17:57:46(UTC)
eccentric1

The easiest way to tell the difference with the pedal mapping is to run in normal auto, just drive slowly, only touching the accelerator and then switch to Sport or Race (after you've altered the mapping), take your foot off the accelerator and return your foot to just lightly touch it again.
Big difference and you'll get an idea of what's to come with it!!! :-)
Offline BulaDriver  
#8 Posted : 22 November 2017 18:25:56(UTC)
BulaDriver

I would like to have possibility to change this also in NORMAL mode :(
Offline eccentric1  
#9 Posted : 22 November 2017 18:32:27(UTC)
eccentric1

Not sure why Renault have developed it in this way but that's the way it is. If you try to change these settings in Normal or Race Mode you get an error message.
Sorry, but I'm a customer driving my Clio RS just like you, so I can't say why they've done it this way.
Offline Tanim  
#10 Posted : 22 November 2017 19:19:27(UTC)
Tanim

Mate I cannot thank you enough!! I just drove it in the rain with extreme throttle response in rs mode!!! That green rs light never put a bigger smile than this before hahahaha!!!! It's way sharper than my Mazda 6 mps which was remapped so much that finding biting point uphill was a nightmare, too much and it'd jump ahead, too less it'd roll downhill, was not ideal in traffic.

Why has Renault buried this steering and throttle response under 2 menus i have no idea. Selecting this should be in the main screen of the rs monitor.

I was pressing the "+" sign on the main page instead of going in the rs monitor and then press it. I'm not great with directions and really apologise for it and thank you kind Sir for having so much patience!!!

I never used to go WOT too fast in my mps because it was AWD without upgraded rear diff mount. No limits on the clio, being FWD i just need to worry about torque steer I guess? As long as there's no car right next to me I should be fine 👍😁

Thanks a million again!!! What a beast of a car this is! Who cares about 0 to 60 when it's so much fun before even going that 60.

I'll be getting the bumper shielded next week and track days next year.
Offline eccentric1  
#11 Posted : 22 November 2017 19:30:29(UTC)
eccentric1

So pleased for you, enjoy!
Offline eccentric1  
#12 Posted : 22 November 2017 19:35:20(UTC)
eccentric1

Give me time and I may well do a vlog on this for my youtube channel, it could be interesting for more people.
If I do this then I may consider more Clio RS topics too ..... any suggestions?
Offline Tanim  
#13 Posted : 22 November 2017 19:41:28(UTC)
Tanim

That would be great! Specially because Renault isn't doing themselves any favour by not showing this even oon 6 their official vlogs.

This is essentially a mini Nissan GTR. I know people go great length just to know when the engine temp. Renault giving us so much yet without telling us or may be people such as me are not looking for it enough.

I've to agree that I should be reading the manual. May be creating a vlog on how to upload tracks and record for dummies?

Others may have better idea as I'm too new to this car haha