Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2017 18:23:11(UTC)
eccentric1

I'm trying hard to come down from the roof at the moment, after being driven livid by my first service experience today.

OK, let's say up front that I love my Clio Trophy, it's possibly the best, certainly most fun car I've owned and that includes a Lotus Esprit some years ago.

So why am I so annoyed?
Today it went for its first service at exactly 1 year old.
The list of jobs was easy, supposedly:
First Service which was basically a check around the car, oil & filter change.
Plus change of summer wheels & tyres to winter ones.
One other job was to renew or extend the TomTom live services which expired a few days ago.

So what happened?
I was initially impressed when the mechanic took me into an almost sterile clean workshop and did the pre-inspection walk-around. I checked the underside with him, all lights ... etc .... and this showed nothing extra to be done so he took me back to the office and printed out the actual work order then gave me the bill for €437.
But I have a 4y service plan, that's included!
He apologised and rectified the matter.
OK so far.

I was half an hour early going to collect the car this afternoon and at 3pm I saw him driving it out for a supposed test drive after the service.
I was called over to collect my car half an hour later.
Did he really need a 30 min test drive after just an oil change?
And why did he use almost a quarter of a tank of petrol?

As for the live services extension .... they say it can't be done and I have to speak to TomTom.
Rubbish as I did already and for Renault systems it can only be done directly with Renault.
After some discussion about this they decided it can only be done online.
Yes OK again but how do I pay?
The only option is credit card.
I don't have one.
Tough luck, they said.

They suggested I call customer services who may have another idea and they gave me the number.

When I did the reply was "Oh no, we don't do service, we're customer services for sales only".

So, I've lost a considerable amount of petrol because the mechanic wanted a jolly in a Trophy.
I've been sold a car with a system I can no longer use because it expired and I don't have a credit card.
Plus, when driving home I found a setting in RS Monitor had been changed and I can't change it back.
Renault service department say ring customer services.
Customer services say we can't help we don't do service.

Thanks to this episode I'm so unhappy I wish I had enough money to trade it in and buy something non-Renault thanks to the lack of service and customer satisfaction, even though I actually love the car.
Customer services are a waste of space even though they only deal with sales matters and today has convinced me never to buy another Renault, no matter how good they are and when I told customer services this they basically said they didn't care.

Edited by user 23 November 2017 18:25:10(UTC)  | Reason: O I

Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2017 09:14:48(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post

I was half an hour early going to collect the car this afternoon and at 3pm I saw him driving it out for a supposed test drive after the service.
I was called over to collect my car half an hour later.
Did he really need a 30 min test drive after just an oil change?
And why did he use almost a quarter of a tank of petrol?

As for the live services extension .... they say it can't be done and I have to speak to TomTom.
Rubbish as I did already and for Renault systems it can only be done directly with Renault.
After some discussion about this they decided it can only be done online.
Yes OK again but how do I pay?
The only option is credit card.
I don't have one.
Tough luck, they said.

They suggested I call customer services who may have another idea and they gave me the number.

When I did the reply was "Oh no, we don't do service, we're customer services for sales only".

So, I've lost a considerable amount of petrol because the mechanic wanted a jolly in a Trophy.
I've been sold a car with a system I can no longer use because it expired and I don't have a credit card.
Plus, when driving home I found a setting in RS Monitor had been changed and I can't change it back.
Renault service department say ring customer services.
Customer services say we can't help we don't do service.

Thanks to this episode I'm so unhappy I wish I had enough money to trade it in and buy something non-Renault thanks to the lack of service and customer satisfaction, even though I actually love the car.
Customer services are a waste of space even though they only deal with sales matters and today has convinced me never to buy another Renault, no matter how good they are and when I told customer services this they basically said they didn't care.

Not a happy experience indeed.
Similar has been reported on here at various times regarding some UK dealers.
It does seem to be the luck of the draw.
Fortunately for me over the past 8 years of RS ownership I have never had these issues with my dealer who have always been professional, helpful and courteous.
Same with the UKCS - Only had to call them twice but on both occasions had my issue promptly resolved.

With regard to the 'test' drive.
Do you know what mileage (km) the mechanic covered - do you have evidence (photo, written) of what it was when you arrived?
Did you actually raise the matter with the dealer principle?

Live Services do indeed need to be done, using the r-Link Toobox, online so you will need a Credit or Debit card.
If you do not have either then can you not ask a friend or indeed the dealers to use their card and then reimburse them immediately with cash?

As for selling the car!!!
You are annoyed and upset so give it 48 hrs.
Despite this experience it is still the same car that has given you so much pleasure and enjoyment judging by your posts over the last 12 months.
Much better solution IMHO would be to consider using a different dealership.

Offline eccentric1  
#3 Posted : 24 November 2017 10:48:20(UTC)
eccentric1

I've slept on it and am still fuming.

Sadly I didn't note the km, I just see that almost 1/4 tank of fuel was used.

What's annoying me in a nutshell:
Renault's attitude of "if you don't like it, tough luck"
Renault form a partnership with another supplier and offer a system that after 1 year can't be used by some people. The renewal in Germany can only be done by CC or Paypal, both are not an option for me. I'm now left with a near to useless navi system which no longer has traffic details.
Renault Germany have no CS, only for their sales departments and they won't listen to any problems with service.
The fuel used by the dealership.
RS Monitor has been changed and I want the old functionality back.

Yesterday I tried to call the dealership after I returned home, they don't publish any direct dail numbers, only a central exchange number specific to the dealership which should be OK but here's what happened:
I called the Munich (Frankfurter Ring) dealership and after a while it was answered by a totally confused salesman in Cologne, only about 6 hours drive away! The Munich number (code 089 if you wish to check) somehow diverted to a city a few hundred km away.

The chap who answered promised to e-mail the service manager in the main Munich dealership and get him to call me early this morning. It's nearly lunch time and no call so this morning I tried to call the salesman who sold me the car, again I have no direct dial number, his card only has the switchboard number in a different Munich dealership (Wasserburger Landstrasse, also 089 code) and where did I end up? You guessed it ... once again Cologne and a rather surprised service person there. He tried to look up a DD No. but even he couldn't find one so he's supposeddly mailing the salesman to call me back ..........

No I'm not stupid, I've rung two different Renault dealerships in Munich and both times my calls have been diverted to Cologne by the Renault switchboard system.

I'm a firm believer in giving people chance to rectify problems but since I collected my car yesterday I've only been given the runaround by Renault staff not interested in CS or helping. To be honest this is a typical German problem; lack of customer service by people who have your money and don't care. It seems that if they run you around enough you give up and then as far as they're concerned there are no problems.
I'm looking for someone in Renault to do the TT live services renewal for me and I'll happily pay them in cash. When I do order things from the internet I usually get a bill and then transfer the money bank to bank, Renault don't offer this even if I transfer the money in advance so they know they've been paid.

As for the RS Monitor, it may seem a small problem but I've now lost the intro screen, the one with the red and then green lights as it opens. Now my system goes straight to the bar charts. It may seem silly but I want the lights back and can't find a way to get them.

As another aside I asked for a relief car whilst mine was in for the service. Usually I expect to get one from the dealership even though I have to pay. Yesterday I was astomished to find a chap waiting for me from a local car hire company. Then we were back with the credit card problem .... no car hire company will rent a car without a credit card.

Finally, just to explain the credit card problem; Some years ago I had to declare private insolvency. In Germany this is a legal process run by the courts which lasts 6 years when each month money is deducted from your salary and shared between your creditors. After 6 years (or when the money is all paid if before) the court looks at your payment history and status and decides if the process can be closed. In my case it was all closed, I have official court documents declaring me free of debt and "a free man" but even now, because of this I'm not allowed to apply for a credit card.
I'm totally solvent, I bought my Clio outright and don't owe anyone anything, but in the eyes of the banks and credit card companies I'm some kind of criminal that can never be trusted again.

Over the years I've bought (brand) new cars from various dealers; Volvo (twice because of their outstanding customer service), Vauxhall, Ford - where there were a couple of teething problems but as I said It's how problems are handled that counts. Ford, although a little slow managed to sort everything satisfactorily.
Renault? Well you know how I feel and when customer services basically tell me to get lost because they are only interested in sales and not service problems ......

Edited by user 24 November 2017 10:55:45(UTC)  | Reason: a fue tie-poes

Offline Tanim  
#4 Posted : 24 November 2017 12:55:09(UTC)
Tanim

I'm really sorry to hear about this, sounds to me that this Renault branch is run by a bunch of total incompetent and unhelpful bunch. I'm lucky to have Lookers as they are very decent. Do you have dash cam installed Keith? It should all be recorded on it if they went for an extensive unnecessary joy ride with the car.

What is the standard procedure of complaining in Germany? I personally would go in and complaint, leave my car and demand a courtesy car until the issues are resolved; 1. Reinstall RS Monitor software 2. Upgrading Map 3. Explanation on fuel usage for servicing.

I thought we get free maps with our cars and don't have to pay after a year. I just cannot believe they can get away with changing software settings, during servicing they are not meant to even touch it, do they? If the RS monitor isn't giving all the options then it's incomplete and surely that is breaching their terms and conditions?

We pay a lot for our cars and yet this level of customer service is actually shocking. My wife just had a recall on her BMW 118D and they replaced some major parts as it had recall on it and top of that it was BMW who kept the car in and advised not to give back until it was fixed!

Renault really isn't helping themselves with this level of customer services, such a great shame. I really hope they get everything sorted. Keep us in the loop please.
Offline eccentric1  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2017 08:55:52(UTC)
eccentric1

This level of customer services?
That's the point; it seems that here in Germany there are NO customer services. I've continually tried to escalate to them but the reply is always "we don't do customer services for service issues, only for sales" then they don't care when I say this is becoming a sales issue because this experience alone will cause me to never buy another Renault. But they don't care.

After driving the car for some time yesterday I can only guess that during the service they did some kind of software update on the RSM software as quite a few screens and messages are now totally different. So far I've found 4 screens that have changed and even a factory reset doesn't help..
My main gripe here is that the system no longer functions as I would like and I'd prefer the old software back, but I have no way to even ask for this, my calls to the dealer in Munich are just being redirected to a totally different dealer 6 hours away in Cologne and although I ask for them to send mails asking for a call back, I feel I'll grow very old before they do return a call.

I want an explanation and also a refund for the amount of fuel used during the supposedly simple service.

I want my TT Live Services extending by someone at Renault, I'll happily pay them the cash. I spent quite some time on Friday firstly going through the TomTom website before finding an official TT contact number within Renault.
The telephone call was another joke as they told me it can only be done by credit card and tough luck if I don't have one .... etc ....
Eventually they said if I try everything and it still doesn't work I should call back, make an official complaint and they would record it.
"Errm but that's where I am now and why I'm calling"
Reluctantly after more pressure they did so and said I would receive a reply in 5-10 days time.
Of course if they do reply I'm sure it will once again be to tell me to sod off, but let's see.

My next move will be to leave a very factual goooooogle review against the dealership but judging by the other 'factual' ones already left it won't make any difference. If only Renault Germany had a customer services department or someone I could escalate to.
Maybe I have to go to the official government complaints ombudsman thingy and complain there?

So three days later and I'm still as brassed off as I was.

Edited by user 26 November 2017 08:57:19(UTC)  | Reason: factory reset

Offline del115  
#6 Posted : 26 November 2017 10:32:24(UTC)
del115

Its clear to see why you are indeed a bit miffed.
Not had any experience myself but with the general hype surrounding German efficiency etc I would have expected much better.

On the refund for your petrol then I suspect that without proof then this may well be an uphill struggle with your best hope being some form of goodwill gesture from the dealer.
They should however be able to advise wether or not an update was applied to the R_Link on the car.

I have had a couple of these done at the dealer during my ownership.
The last one I did myself having received a message 'in car' that a mandatory update was required.
Went through the - Card from car, into PC, download update, replace in car, update applied sequence.
None of the above changed any of my settings or screen displays that I am aware of.
I would assume that wether it be DIY or dealer that the process and the software patch uploaded would be the same.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be anywhere that the actual version of R-Link on the car can be seen.
What settings, screens have changed for you?
If you put up a few pics then I can check to see if I have the same.

I also had a good look through the GB R-Link store where if you delve into the Help it does clearly state that to purchase anything requires the use of a payment card.
So I guess you will definitely need to obtain help from a friend, relative, work colleague, the dealership or a passing stranger to overcome that one.
I would definitely help myself but, other than sending you my card details, can think of no practical way of doing so.
Such a shame that the German banking system will not play ball with you - In the UK most banks will issue a Debit Card (only functions if you have cash in your account) to customers that find themsleves in your unfortunate historic circumstances.

Edited by user 26 November 2017 10:33:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marc_250  
#7 Posted : 26 November 2017 11:15:32(UTC)
Marc_250

Probably easiest just to get a credit card!

Don't see you getting anywhere with the fuel complaint, just take a note of mileage before the next service and make them aware you have.
Offline eccentric1  
#8 Posted : 26 November 2017 11:16:31(UTC)
eccentric1

What has changed?
Firstly, previously whenever I selected RSM I got the starting grid style lights (red then green) on the screen before it went into the bar chart screen. Now just the first time I select RSM I get them, thereafter it jumps directly to the bar charts. If I want the lights I have to stop, switch off ignition, restart then I get them just the once again ..... It may seem petty but this is what annoys me.

When I first start the car, nothing to do with RSM, I get the data sharing message, this is now totally different to what it was previously which is why I believe a system upgrade has been done. To be honest this is just different and doesn't annoy me.

I can't remember exactly which one, but one other menu selection screen has also totally changed, again it's different but doesn't annoy me, I was just surprised it was so much more complicated with more choices to accept or not.

I'm sure the order of the different screens, graphs, charts & dials has changed in the RSM. They all seem to be still there but the more useful ones are now later in the list. Again, I can live with it but it again convinces me a s/w update has been done.

If the TT live services accepted a debit card for payment I could probably find a way to do it, but in Germany this isn't an option. The only 2 options for payment are credit card or Paypal and neither are options for me.

I used to get around things like this because my wife had a credit card just for this type of occasion, sadly after she unexpectedly died last year I'm stuck without one and without anyone to help me now.

I want the dealer to call me to prevent me from yet another almost 100km round trip to drive to them and then find they refuse to discuss matters.

Germany is efficient, generally, but when it comes to customer service it's an acknowledged CS desert. The lack of 'service' throughout businesses here is quite unbelievable, more so in Bavaria than in other regions.
As an aside and a typical example we once visited a lovely country restaurant beer garden and I asked for a standard menu dish but as I didn't like the side order I asked if they'd swap it for another that I did like. The other side order was still a standard menu item and nothing special.
The answer from the waitress "That doesn't taste good (to me), no I won't serve you with it".
She wasn't saying that there was a problem with the item (actually fries in this case), just that she didn't like that combination so wouldn't serve me. In the end I ordered something else with fries but have never been back.

As for the German banking system (CS desert again) when I went into insolvency my bank accounts with two different banks were forcibly closed and I had no account. I needed an account for my salary to be paid into but I couldn't find any bank that would open one for me until eventually, a local bank here in Erding agreed reluctantly to do so just because I needed my salary to be paid. I'm still with that bank but even now, after my insolvency and even though they know exactly what savings I have, I'm not allowed any overdraft facilty or credit card.
Offline eccentric1  
#9 Posted : 26 November 2017 11:17:43(UTC)
eccentric1

Marc please read my posts, CC is not an option otherwise yes, there'd be no problem.
Offline Marc_250  
#10 Posted : 26 November 2017 12:09:39(UTC)
Marc_250

Marc please read my posts, CC is not an option otherwise yes, there'd be no problem.

Oh right sounds a bit of a bind.

Even prepaid credit cards a no go?
Offline del115  
#11 Posted : 26 November 2017 12:51:06(UTC)
del115

What has changed?
Firstly, previously whenever I selected RSM I got the starting grid style lights (red then green) on the screen before it went into the bar chart screen. Now just the first time I select RSM I get them, thereafter it jumps directly to the bar charts. If I want the lights I have to stop, switch off ignition, restart then I get them just the once again ..... It may seem petty but this is what annoys me.

Mine has always operated like this.
The Red/Green lights is just a boot sequence screen.

When I first start the car, nothing to do with RSM, I get the data sharing message, this is now totally different to what it was previously which is why I believe a system upgrade has been done. To be honest this is just different and doesn't annoy me.

This is what I see - minus the flash reflection of course.
Data Share
I believe you can change some of this in the settings.

I can't remember exactly which one, but one other menu selection screen has also totally changed, again it's different but doesn't annoy me, I was just surprised it was so much more complicated with more choices to accept or not.

Not a place I often go so I have no idea wether these do change or not.

I'm sure the order of the different screens, graphs, charts & dials has changed in the RSM. They all seem to be still there but the more useful ones are now later in the list. Again, I can live with it but it again convinces me a s/w update has been done.

FYI - My sequence is 1.Advice, 2.Guages 1, 3. Guages 2, 4.Bar Graphs, 5.Performance, 6.G-G Diagram, 7.Wheelspin, 8.Engine Curves, 9.Gearbox, 10.Oscillascope, 11.Datalogger, 12.Stopwatch, 13.GPS Stopwatch, 14. Maintenance Dates
Nothing changed here - same sequence as that described in the Clio RS/Clio GT handbook supplied with the car.

If the TT live services accepted a debit card for payment I could probably find a way to do it, but in Germany this isn't an option. The only 2 options for payment are credit card or Paypal and neither are options for me.

If you can get hold of a Debit Card then Paypal may be your saviour.
In the UK they will accept this, it is what I use, so maybe in Germany also.
Offline eccentric1  
#12 Posted : 26 November 2017 13:45:05(UTC)
eccentric1

Hi Del,
thanks for this but my RSM has always been different; that boot sequence was until the service the standard intro screen or sequence every time I hit the RSM button, either on the main menu, on the RSM bit of my home screen or the tiny RSM button at the top of the screen. Since the service it works like yours.
My Clio was one of the first facelift models, bought in Nov. 2016.

My data sharing screen is now like yours but was previously a bit different.

Marc,
the idea of a pre-paid CC is a good one and in fact I recently got one from my bank but whenever I try to use it via the internet for any type of order it gets refused as it isn't authorised for the system used by almost all internet transactions, Crazy, but it is so although I'll speak to my bank and see if it can be authorised. I feel this may be my last option here.
As an aside, there's no car hire company in the world which will allow car hire via a pre-paid CC, I know, I've asked them all, so for some things it's still useless.
I recently got a new bank card for my account which I think can be used a debit card, but as I said this isn't a payment option in Germany.
Offline Tanim  
#13 Posted : 27 November 2017 10:01:36(UTC)
Tanim

Hi eccentric1,

I wouldn't let this go pass unnoticed, there has to be a complaints department. May be getting a lawyer involved may not be a bad idea. Looks like others still have those screens for updated software so they must have done something differently.

For misuing the fuel there is no excuse - at all. I've seen a few clips of yours on YouTube, did you have you dashcam on while they did the servicing? One of my friend caught Audi delaership mechanics doing dodgy stuff and got free servicing out of them (North East, UK).

Would it be too much of a headache to drive to UK for next service? Probaby a better idea for future.
Offline eccentric1  
#14 Posted : 27 November 2017 10:36:16(UTC)
eccentric1

I don't have a dashcam as such, just a Rollei camera which is similar in usage to a GoPro. In general these are semi illegal in Germany in so far as you can't make films which show other cars' number plates. The laws here are quite funny so I don't generally leave the camera in the car and if I did it would soon run out of battery power.

You do realise I'm close to Munich in Bavaria?
When I was still living in The UK (Hampshire) I often had to travel to Munich on business and if I was due to be here for a week I'd drive down. The journey from my home to Dover (or Folkstone) took a couple of hours, then the ferry to Calais and drive into northern Germany around Aachen took most of a day. The following day I'd continue on down to Munich which again took most of a day.
The journey back home was one long day's trip. We're talking more than 25 years ago when the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as now and my record for the trip from Munich to Calais was 8 hours, no chance of that these days.
Basically, would you put a total of more than 2000km on your car just for a service? And that's assuming there's a good dealer somewhere in southern England not too far from Dover.
Offline Tanim  
#15 Posted : 27 November 2017 14:06:14(UTC)
Tanim

I really don't understand the point of not allowed to video numberplates, is Germany the only country with this rule? Considering they make one of the best cars this rule really strikes me as a surprise.

Didn't realise you were that far away from home, apologies. 2,000 km is mission to get just servicing done..I personally would never go back to a dealer like a that.
Offline eccentric1  
#16 Posted : 27 November 2017 14:57:35(UTC)
eccentric1

Photographic laws are really quite strange and different to UK here in Germany. If you look at the youtube videos made in GErmany you'll often see number plates blurred. For example watch some of the "ring" videos and whenever you see a crash or totally stupid driving the number plates are blurred to prevent us identifying the idiot or the unlucky one. If I were to post a video and clearly show another car's plate the Police could have something to say if they saw it.
It's just one of the little things we have to live with here.
Aye, almost 1000km back to Blighty or just three hours and I'm in Italy. I know which I prefer :-)

Maybe some good news:
I tried again to call the dealer today and guess what ....... redirected to Cologne yet again. Finally they told me the salesman who sold me the Clio is now in Frankfurt which is no good to me as that's also a good 5 hours away so I asked them again to mail the service manager asking him to call me.
Just a few minutes ago he did call me and transferred me to one of the sales guys in the dealership. They will find a way to sort out my TT Live Services with an extension for 3 years to save this becoming an annual problem. I'm more than willing to pay the €170 for the 3 years.
They also apologised for disrupting my RS Monitor but said something about not wanting to leave me a blank screen after disconnecting the battery so they updated the software with the version they have available. This may also explain why the "Media" third of my home screen was set to "off" when I collected the car although I managed to get that back again after a few minutes of twiddling.

I agreed to call in tomorrow for these two things to be looked at.
I didn't mention the petrol purely because as others have said I don't have concrete facts with km driven, but I will mention it tomorrow as an aside when I'm there.

Edited by user 27 November 2017 15:00:02(UTC)  | Reason: Ring

Offline del115  
#17 Posted : 27 November 2017 16:21:27(UTC)
del115

They also apologised for disrupting my RS Monitor but said something about not wanting to leave me a blank screen after disconnecting the battery so they updated the software with the version they have available. This may also explain why the "Media" third of my home screen was set to "off" when I collected the car although I managed to get that back again after a few minutes of twiddling.

I think I would be asking why they needed to disconnect the battery.Confused
Seems a bit excessive for what is basically an oil change
Offline eccentric1  
#18 Posted : 27 November 2017 16:39:23(UTC)
eccentric1

Aye, it hadn't gone unnoticed by me and I'll be asking for sure.
First service is basically a check around to make sure lights and basic functions are working, then oil & filter change and inner compartment air filter.
I was astonished by talk of battery disconnection.

This is basically the main head office for Renault in Bavaria with supposedly the best workshop and most qualified service people for specialist cars like the RS range so I used them for this service. As I've mentioned I don't want to use them again and their apparent incompetence or lack of customer service is not only making me question ever owning any Renault again, but making me consider an earlier than planned trade-in against something non-Renault.

I have the option of using a much smaller dealer quite near to home which I used for my running-in oil change, but I'm really not sure how qualified they are for the RS range. They're small, family run and my experience for the oil change was very positive, but for anything else ...... ? I'll certainly be talking to them over the winter and asking how ready they are to support and maintain my Trophy.

I know Jeremy has been looking in and I also know he can't really help when it comes to Germany but it would be good if he or any other knowledgeable Renault people could give me an idea what I should be asking about when it comes to qualifications to maintain the RS range?
Offline Tanim  
#19 Posted : 28 November 2017 14:59:56(UTC)
Tanim

Sounds a bit excessive, what if someone wrote the reg down? You can’t stop people from filming, not in 2017 LOL

3 hours drive to Italy would be nice on a summer day I’d imagine but how could the head office for Renault Bavaria make such a big mess? Really happy finally they’re recognising it and that’s a very good start!

If you’re not thinking of selling the car in future then how about trying out Nissan? Nismo Juke is the blood brother so they should be able to service the dig-t engine? Just a thought.
Offline eccentric1  
#20 Posted : 01 December 2017 08:00:55(UTC)
eccentric1

So I returned to this main dealership and they seemed to change their story regarding battery disconnection, they just said the RSM screen totally locked out (blank) and they had to reinstall software.
As this is a situation that never happened to me I don't exactly believe this story.

The good news is that one of the salesmen used the Renault software / ordering system to order me a 3 year extension, no credit card needed, in fact it was done in less than 10 minutes and I just went to their cashier and paid in cash.
When I asked why this couldn't be done last week he blamed Renault corporate training because none of the others apparently know how to do it this way. He reckoned it was easy for him as he deals mostly with electric cars and much of their features need sorting in this way.
BS or true? No idea but at least he renewed it for me.
However this has caused another problem ... or did the software reinstall cause the problem?
Before the extension the icons under the TT Live Services icon / button were greyed out as expired. After the renewal they are highlighted again but when I try to select any of them I only get the "trying to connect" screen which eventually times out and doesn't connect.

Since that service (and software reinstall) I've noticed that the system no longer seems to give speed camera warnings!
They're not a part of Live Services so I can't blame that but I don't seem to get any now. I've been driving through locations which have static cameras that previously gave warnings but no longer do.

Signed well & truly Brassed Off,
Bayern
Offline del115  
#21 Posted : 01 December 2017 08:50:39(UTC)
del115

So I returned to this main dealership and they seemed to change their story regarding battery disconnection, they just said the RSM screen totally locked out (blank) and they had to reinstall software.
As this is a situation that never happened to me I don't exactly believe this story.

The good news is that one of the salesmen used the Renault software / ordering system to order me a 3 year extension, no credit card needed, in fact it was done in less than 10 minutes and I just went to their cashier and paid in cash.
When I asked why this couldn't be done last week he blamed Renault corporate training because none of the others apparently know how to do it this way. He reckoned it was easy for him as he deals mostly with electric cars and much of their features need sorting in this way.
BS or true? No idea but at least he renewed it for me.
However this has caused another problem ... or did the software reinstall cause the problem?
Before the extension the icons under the TT Live Services icon / button were greyed out as expired. After the renewal they are highlighted again but when I try to select any of them I only get the "trying to connect" screen which eventually times out and doesn't connect.

Since that service (and software reinstall) I've noticed that the system no longer seems to give speed camera warnings!
They're not a part of Live Services so I can't blame that but I don't seem to get any now. I've been driving through locations which have static cameras that previously gave warnings but no longer do.

Signed well & truly Brassed Off,
Bayern

If I remember correctly you need to wait for the renewal to actually be come 'live'.

I let mine expire and noticed like you that when the renewal was eventually applied nothing seemed to work.
After couple of days I received a message on R-Link to say something about the 'Live Services' and everything sprung into action.

Offline eccentric1  
#22 Posted : 01 December 2017 09:42:18(UTC)
eccentric1

Yes, they said 72 hours, that was now 5 days ago. The car is back with them next Friday so I'll see how it is by then and have them look at it if it still isn't working.
Offline racing blue  
#23 Posted : 01 December 2017 11:32:50(UTC)
racing blue

I know your in Germany but I found it was easier here in UK to call the RLink helpline direct when I was trying to register my car - the dealers don't have a clue about the system - the number in the UK is 0844 369 0000 where a very helpful man told me exactly what to do.
Offline Tanim  
#24 Posted : 01 December 2017 15:41:33(UTC)
Tanim

The speed cam warning is one of the most useful parts of the RS Link Sad

I'd echo of what Racing Blue has said, give them a call to 0844 369 0000 from Germany and hopefully they will be able to troubleshoot it.

I'm not used to the live services but soon as this is activated the speed warning should start working as a part of it?
Offline eccentric1  
#25 Posted : 07 December 2017 01:33:19(UTC)
eccentric1

So the car goes back to the dealer today.
They are supposedly looking at the gearbox noise, but as others have said I don't expect a resolution as Renault don't seem to be able to trace or fix the problem.
I don't mind this and I can live with the occasional noise, I just want to know it isn't a problem that will come back to bite later when the warranty expires.

That RS Monitor / R-Link or whatever it was software reinstall they did during the original service has totally screwed things up. I went back and they sorted the extension to TT live services, but they're unusable after almost 2 weeks, but I don't think the problem is with live services, it'S something in the configuration of the system. If I try to select any element of live services, for example weather, it sits telling me to wait a moment then eventually complains of no wireless connection. Before the service, even though LS had expired it would go into the option(s) and tell me they had expired.
Also, since the reinstall I have no speed camera warnings. I've checked and they're all activated but nothing happens when I pass static cameras that I used to get warnings about.
I'm well brassed off and if the car doesn't come back with a flly functioning system today I'll be using my legal insuance to lawyer up tomorrow.