Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tanim  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2017 16:22:13(UTC)
Tanim

Special thanks to eccentric1 because the front bumper it not fully protected with SunTek 12mm film. The nearest XPEL was over 100 miles away and I didn't wanted to risk driving the car that far on the motorway, specially since snowing all the roads are full with grits now. The local shop http://www.autoshield-protection.co.uk/ had Suntek so that's what I went with. He is authorised with both 3M and Suntek but suggested Suntek doesn't get Yellow (car is Yellow too so may be it wouldn't had mattered?) effect after 6 months unlike 3M. It's with 5 years warranty instead of 10 years from XPEL but if I decide to keep the car after 4 years of financing then I'll be doing XPEL.

I've realised the foglights are really big compared to other cars and are not protected at all. Do they need shielding as well or that's an overkill? I would have thought Renault made them quiet well and could sustain stone chip damage.
Offline eccentric1  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2017 17:37:38(UTC)
eccentric1

Don't know Suntek but I do know I was advised against 3M.
Well done for getting it wrapped, you'll not be sorry even though you won't see the advantages other than no stone chips :-)
Offline Tanim  
#3 Posted : 02 December 2017 10:59:08(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Don't know Suntek but I do know I was advised against 3M.
Well done for getting it wrapped, you'll not be sorry even though you won't see the advantages other than no stone chips :-)

It was £275 but well worth it! That peace of mind. Can our foglights withstand those stone chip damage? They are completely exposed without any protection. I'm thinking of getting them done as well.