Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ladydriver  
#1 Posted : 29 March 2018 16:24:37(UTC)
ladydriver

When I plug a thumb drive into the USB slot, i'm told USB not supported. Does this mean it wont play from the USB, or that MP3 will only play using FAT32?

Thanks in advance
Offline eccentric1  
#2 Posted : 30 March 2018 04:12:59(UTC)
eccentric1

Your USB drive must be FAT32 format but I really don't know if it'S supported. I have a Clio and it works fine.
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2018 11:41:58(UTC)
Richard

I come from a generation of tapes and CDs, so until I got my Twingo GT, digital transfer was all new and a bit daunting to me.

Anyway I surprised myself by managing to work out how to copy CDs via the computer onto a USB stick remarkably quickly, and was even more amazed that the thing worked first time I plugged it into the car.

I've no idea what FAT things are but I do seem to recall having to "format" the USB drive on the computer first.

Hope this helps!
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2018 05:38:23(UTC)
eccentric1

Hi Richard, pretty much like myself.
I was lucky to drive a few cars for my job which had a USB slot but when I knew I was getting my Clio I looked more closely at how to put music onto memory sticks, in fact I bought a couple of those mini flash drives and was surprised just how much they held.
My latest count is somewhere around 360 CDs on the (64 GB) drive and still a good 35% of capacity free.

FAT32 is one of the possible formats of digital storage, developed by Microsoft. The alternative is NTFS. You say you had to format your drive so this is what you will have formatted it as in order for it to work.

As I was originally going through this learning curve I created this forum discussion which may also help the OP as it seems the Twingo system is similar or compatible to the Clio one:
http://www.renaultsport....aspx?g=posts&t=88733

It's in that discussion but I did have one problem in that the flash drive wasn't automatically being recognised when I started the car afresh. No error messages, just the drive wasn't being seen so I had to quickly remove and plug it back in. The fault turned out to be with the drive, I used my second one and it's been perfect ever since.

Yes, copying music from CD is incredibly easy and quick with the standard (Microsoft) Windows Media Player. Just use the button at the top to copy the CD, set your destination via the settings option and Bob's your proverbial uncle.
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : 01 April 2018 19:32:59(UTC)
Richard

Yes, I got my head around ripping CDs and creating artist folders.

Getting quite "in" to copying the discs - several dozen now on one USB. I think it's only a 16gb and still lots of space left.

Mind you, I have to say that as the car also has DAB radio, I don't get a lot of time to play them!

Offline Tanim  
#6 Posted : 06 April 2018 10:20:32(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Richard, pretty much like myself.
I was lucky to drive a few cars for my job which had a USB slot but when I knew I was getting my Clio I looked more closely at how to put music onto memory sticks, in fact I bought a couple of those mini flash drives and was surprised just how much they held.
My latest count is somewhere around 360 CDs on the (64 GB) drive and still a good 35% of capacity free.

FAT32 is one of the possible formats of digital storage, developed by Microsoft. The alternative is NTFS. You say you had to format your drive so this is what you will have formatted it as in order for it to work.

As I was originally going through this learning curve I created this forum discussion which may also help the OP as it seems the Twingo system is similar or compatible to the Clio one:
http://www.renaultsport....aspx?g=posts&t=88733

It's in that discussion but I did have one problem in that the flash drive wasn't automatically being recognised when I started the car afresh. No error messages, just the drive wasn't being seen so I had to quickly remove and plug it back in. The fault turned out to be with the drive, I used my second one and it's been perfect ever since.

Yes, copying music from CD is incredibly easy and quick with the standard (Microsoft) Windows Media Player. Just use the button at the top to copy the CD, set your destination via the settings option and Bob's your proverbial uncle.

Keith you're really helping this community here, thanks mate!

Offline eccentric1  
#7 Posted : 06 April 2018 10:49:21(UTC)
eccentric1

Thanks, I'm just an old bloke trying to help where I can.