Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#1 Posted : 10 July 2018 09:12:48(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Thought there was going to be an update on 25th June? I do understand that everybody is busy, I’m just wondering that’s all.
Offline oldfella  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2018 09:45:32(UTC)
oldfella

I don't hold out much hope.I think the lack of information doesn't help......Sorry we are not doing any/Cant be bothered/too expensive, is better than nothing?. As has already been suggested, family days, but then. its not a track day is it?.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2018 20:43:19(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

I’ve said all along they’re dead
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 11 July 2018 03:45:33(UTC)
eccentric1

Time certainly is getting on and it's not looking good, people are arranging (and going on) holidays so any late effort will probably be extremely poorly attended anyway.
Oh dear, is it good-bye RS track days?
Offline eccentric1  
#5 Posted : 11 July 2018 08:47:26(UTC)
eccentric1

So write them off for this year but do the sensible thing and start arranging them now for 2019. Perhaps 3 or 4 staged at various circuits throughout the year?
Offline mark182  
#6 Posted : 11 July 2018 10:56:10(UTC)
mark182

It is a shame we don't seem to have any this year, it would have been good to have been told by RUK that they are not happening instead of posting a date when we would be told something and over 2 weeks later still no information.Sad
Offline oldfella  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2018 11:07:16(UTC)
oldfella

A basic failing of many companies, lack of communication.
Offline Tanim  
#8 Posted : 11 July 2018 11:43:43(UTC)
Tanim

Next year I'll be going to the French Car Show instead where you can track!

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/whats-on/
Offline MikeWDY  
#9 Posted : 11 July 2018 12:23:31(UTC)
MikeWDY

I suspect Luke’s got his hands full with Goodwood preparations and attending.
Offline del115  
#10 Posted : 11 July 2018 17:13:13(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post
I suspect Luke’s got his hands full with Goodwood preparations and attending.

Fraid not - according to an earlier post there is no RS presence at Goodwood this year.
Pretty much sums it up really.
Offline ianplymouth  
#11 Posted : 13 July 2018 07:27:21(UTC)
ianplymouth

Knew there wasn't going to be anything when they locked the thread, i did say last year that this was the end of Renault track days when there was only two and one was an evening only event.
Offline Tanim  
#12 Posted : 13 July 2018 08:53:42(UTC)
Tanim

We live and learn. The French Car Show next year it is then Cool
Offline mark182  
#13 Posted : 13 July 2018 10:55:02(UTC)
mark182

There was 2 full days last year Anglesey and Rockingham as I did them.
I think it was more down to Jeremy sorting them out, he told me last year he would look at Anglesey again for this year so I assume there was the intentions to do them.

I suppose it was down to timing of him handing his notice in clashing with the time frame to organise them and the handover period took priority.
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#14 Posted : 13 July 2018 18:30:57(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Just a bit strange how they said there would probably be 2 dates and they were 95% done. Who knows?
Offline FramerateUK  
#15 Posted : 15 July 2018 11:53:12(UTC)
FramerateUK

Is there any particular reason you guys do the RS track days? Are they subsidised?

I've always gone with Opentrack when I can (free tuition, snacks and photos), and occasionally MSE or Javelin if the dates suit.
Offline Georgeski  
#16 Posted : 15 July 2018 11:56:20(UTC)
Georgeski

Subsidised, less cars on track, well organised, cars of similar power and a high standard of driving. These are the reasons I did the RS days.
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#17 Posted : 15 July 2018 17:25:55(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Same here. Only done the one at Rockingham last year but was looking to do more. Have never done or attended one of these open track days so don’t know what the crack is. Have joined in on some Lotus on Track track days Dad and brother have Lotus’s and like the Renaultsport driving standards are high. Last thing I need is someone launching a car down the inside of me in a braking zone. Main thing I am looking for at a track day is not to damage my car. Friend at work does Javelin track days and says they are quite good though. What would you say about them? Driving standards high or a bit anything goes?
Offline mark182  
#18 Posted : 15 July 2018 19:03:20(UTC)
mark182

For me it is how well organised they are and everybody is in similar powered cars and never over crowded on track.

I have done Javelin days before and some have been fine but others really bad.
A couple of my videos from Javelin days the one was really crap with the radicals diving down the inside of me down the crainers is not fun the other one with the BMW I reported him and a load of others reported him but they did nothing about his driving.

Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#19 Posted : 15 July 2018 19:44:05(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Classic stuff, bloke in the BMW. Looked liked a standard’ish 5 series to me, body roll was hilarious. Never thought I’d see an estate car on a trackday, even if it was an AMG? Laughable .
Offline ianplymouth  
#20 Posted : 15 July 2018 20:24:03(UTC)
ianplymouth

This seems to be getting the norm with Javelin trackdays now, more and more race cars are ending up on trackday,s apparently there test sessions have increased in price and so there using trackdays for testing and timing.

I was at Oulton Park earlier in the year, every garage was taken by a race team and at least 50% of the cars there were race cars, i had a guy in a fun cup shaking his fist at me because i was in his way around a corner i was only about 5mph slower than him in the corners but he was holding me up down the straights.

Not looking good for the future
Offline Georgeski  
#21 Posted : 15 July 2018 20:43:36(UTC)
Georgeski

I hate trackdays with race teams - completely ruined a Gold track day at Spa. The drivers are aggressive kn#bs and you spend 90% of the time looking in your mirror.
Offline FramerateUK  
#22 Posted : 16 July 2018 07:12:51(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
I hate trackdays with race teams - completely ruined a Gold track day at Spa. The drivers are aggressive kn#bs and you spend 90% of the time looking in your mirror.

I always avoid these sort of days, some trackday companies are known for allowing race teams (cough, RMA). Not what you want on a trackday.

I've always found trackdays run by Opentrack to be very good. Dave Woodall (who runs the company) takes a very laid back approach, but as the price is a bit higher than the usual I think it filters some of the riff raff out. I've certainly never seen any horrendous driving at an Opentrack day. Like anything, you do get the odd per person (who usually seem to be in historic/classic race cars) who don't like to be overtaken, but they eventually give in and let you past.

I did a day with Javelin at Anglesey and from what I remember it was mostly excellent.

I will agree that club days (depending on the club!) can be better. I've done a lot of days at Llandow, and I don't do the general track days there anymore as you get a few idiots turning up. I did a day with the Lotus 7 Club and it was brilliant though.

You always get the odd idiot though, I've seen plenty of bad driving from Clios and Meganes in the past! I do think some circuits attract it more than others though.
Offline Tanim  
#23 Posted : 16 July 2018 14:03:11(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Subsidised, less cars on track, well organised, cars of similar power and a high standard of driving. These are the reasons I did the RS days.

This is why I was so eagerly looking forward to it. Less cars and cars with similar power band. I only did 3 laps in a Ferrari 430 once so being quieter really would have helped. Oh well, hopefully the French Car Show trackday won't be too busy next year. I wanted to go this year but I've had a bit of football fever..

Offline Georgeski  
#24 Posted : 16 July 2018 14:31:32(UTC)
Georgeski

The track time at those sorts of shows, or the couple that I’ve been to, have been very very busy and the standard of driving looked poor as a spectator. It seemed as though there were lots of people hadn’t done track days before and they were driving like complete idiots.............
Offline Luke RUK  
#25 Posted : 16 July 2018 15:08:10(UTC)
Luke RUK

Sorry for radio silence, I've been away for three weeks with no access to the internet (unheard of right?)

25th passed as there were issues with dates I've only just been made aware of.

Looking like just the one date this year - Rockingham 1st October.

I'll post a thread with sign up instructions/ pricing/ link once they are all set up this week.

Thanks all for bearing with.