Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Penn  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2018 07:03:42(UTC)
Penn

https://www.instagram.co...&igshid=x5wmzof0yepa

Just announced? Can’t see any other info anywhere.
Offline Penn  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2018 07:08:05(UTC)
Penn

296bhp
Cup chassis and LSD
Auto/manual
Ceramic turbo ball bearings
Switchable exhaust
Bi-metal discs
Recaro seats
Leightweight wheels
Offline vimto  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2018 07:59:39(UTC)
vimto

https://www.autocar.co.u...s-trophy-revealed-296bhp

looks very good, not sure about the wheels though
Offline g7egt  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2018 08:17:36(UTC)
g7egt

Looks nice, RS have gone mad a new model already, excellent news all round.
Offline Marc_250  
#5 Posted : 19 July 2018 08:22:35(UTC)
Marc_250

Looks nice. Interesting wheel design.

Offline FramerateUK  
#6 Posted : 19 July 2018 08:30:18(UTC)
FramerateUK

Good news, will give Renault a bit of a lift against the competition in the media!

My 280 is coming in a couple of weeks! I'll only be a little gutted if the Recaros have a heated option (they generally don't with RS models so I think I'm safe! LOL). Will be keen to see how this is priced compared to the 280 Cup with a few options.
Offline del115  
#7 Posted : 19 July 2018 09:17:10(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Good news, will give Renault a bit of a lift against the competition in the media!

My 280 is coming in a couple of weeks! I'll only be a little gutted if the Recaros have a heated option (they generally don't with RS models so I think I'm safe! LOL). Will be keen to see how this is priced compared to the 280 Cup with a few options.

Lets hope the Recaros, which are still going to be a £££'s option, are super comfy.
Based on comments abounding on the Megane RS at the moment re: the ride then the Trophy with '25% firmer shock absorbers, 30% firmer springs and 10% stiffer anti-roll bars' is certainly going to test the dental work.

Be interesting to see what the UK pricing level is when order books open.
Offline Georgeski  
#8 Posted : 19 July 2018 09:54:06(UTC)
Georgeski

Offline Georgeski  
#9 Posted : 19 July 2018 09:58:08(UTC)
Georgeski

This looks ace!!! 😁 Definitely worth waiting for.

Edited by user 19 July 2018 10:00:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FramerateUK  
#10 Posted : 19 July 2018 10:00:05(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Lets hope the Recaros, which are still going to be a £££'s option, are super comfy.
Based on comments abounding on the Megane RS at the moment re: the ride then the Trophy with '25% firmer shock absorbers, 30% firmer springs and 10% stiffer anti-roll bars' is certainly going to test the dental work.

Those are the standard Cup figures aren't they? From the Pistonheads article it seems it uses the standard cup chassis with the bi material brakes as standard.
Offline MrVix  
#11 Posted : 19 July 2018 10:16:59(UTC)
MrVix

That's more like it, love the wheels and the Recaro'sBig Smile
Offline del115  
#12 Posted : 19 July 2018 10:17:04(UTC)
del115

Those are the standard Cup figures aren't they? From the Pistonheads article it seems it uses the standard cup chassis with the bi material brakes as standard.

Ahh, maybe I misread then.
I had assumed it was a more TD setup that was being offered.
With 0-60 times only increasing by 0.1 seconds then setup is going to be the real difference on track.
Better lap times thanks to the increased torque and new turbo arrangement should be on the cards.
If not then bi-material brakes (which I have ordered), cosmetic changes and the option of Recaros would not, IMHO, make it a substantially different car.

Guess we will have to await the revues in 4th quarter.
Offline FramerateUK  
#13 Posted : 19 July 2018 10:28:56(UTC)
FramerateUK

With 0-60 times only increasing by 0.1 seconds then setup is going to be the real difference on track.
Better lap times thanks to the increased torque and new turbo arrangement should be on the cards.
If not then bi-material brakes (which I have ordered), cosmetic changes and the option of Recaros would not, IMHO, make it a substantially different car.

The extra power and torque will help top end speed and help out of every corner.

Like every Renault evolution, it'll be little improvements each time. I guess we'll see more substantial changes in a couple of years (similar to the 250 to the 275).
Offline Georgeski  
#14 Posted : 19 July 2018 10:44:23(UTC)
Georgeski

20mm lower must make a difference to the handling too.
Offline Marc_250  
#15 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:14:48(UTC)
Marc_250

Bet it'll be a 35k car with Recaros and a paint job. Probably most expensive in class (if the 280 isn't already if you make merry with the options list).

I do kinda think the RenaultSport days of giant killing (from a price/performance) are gone.
Offline g7egt  
#16 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:40:06(UTC)
g7egt

Yep the Bi Material brakes are 355mm as per the option on the current RS!
Offline g7egt  
#17 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:45:35(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post

Which article is that in, the Pistonheads and Autocar just states the option Cup Chassis setting are standard.

The trick turbo and exhaust making it quicker to react which will be really cool, the wheels and Recaro's are the only differences they say.
Offline g7egt  
#18 Posted : 19 July 2018 11:46:37(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
That's more like it, love the wheels and the Recaro'sBig Smile

Recaro's do look good, I wonder what they'll charge
Offline RSaddict  
#19 Posted : 19 July 2018 12:13:52(UTC)
RSaddict

Defo worth waiting for! So pleased I waited and not ordered the 280 yet. Have done so nearly 3 times but talked myself into being patient! Pleased that the seats are also 20mm lower than the 280. I think this is either with or without the Recaro's from what I can see. Can't wait to find out the price of the trophy. my guess is around £30k with the recaros being about £1500.

Epic!
Offline Rob R26r  
#20 Posted : 19 July 2018 12:17:14(UTC)
Rob R26r

I’m in !!!

Anyone want to buy an M3 lol 😂
Offline Georgeski  
#21 Posted : 19 July 2018 12:18:27(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post

Which article is that in, the Pistonheads and Autocar just states the option Cup Chassis setting are standard.

The trick turbo and exhaust making it quicker to react which will be really cool, the wheels and Recaro's are the only differences they say.

You're right, I misread the Pistonheads article - it's the recaros that are 20mm lower.

I'm sure that it was stated on here ages ago that the Trophy would be 10 or 20mm lower.
Offline s200bym  
#22 Posted : 19 July 2018 13:58:50(UTC)
s200bym

I'm glad I held out now, Roll on Autumn time :)
Offline Gerryb92  
#23 Posted : 19 July 2018 15:08:04(UTC)
Gerryb92

Am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the trophy? They've changed a part to ceramic in the turbo and put a valve in the exhaust, but apart from that isn't it exactly the same as a CUP280 which has specced the bi-metal disc option? As far as I can tell there is no tweaks to the chassis at all?

Oh, and they've added the Recaros which are basically the same style which have been around since the 197 and last gen Meganes.

Not sure it's enough to wear the 'trophy' badge personally.

One think I'd be interested to find out is if the Torsen LSD still remains only on the manual option or have they found a way to make it work with EDC.
Offline mattyw  
#24 Posted : 19 July 2018 15:50:40(UTC)
mattyw

Yes Renault, yes !!

Sounds fantastic and as promised recaros are there.

Got a weekend with a 280 coming up so all being well will be finding out when Trophy orders are out
Offline Georgeski  
#25 Posted : 19 July 2018 16:14:04(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Gerryb92 Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the trophy? They've changed a part to ceramic in the turbo and put a valve in the exhaust, but apart from that isn't it exactly the same as a CUP280 which has specced the bi-metal disc option? As far as I can tell there is no tweaks to the chassis at all?

Oh, and they've added the Recaros which are basically the same style which have been around since the 197 and last gen Meganes.

Not sure it's enough to wear the 'trophy' badge personally.

One think I'd be interested to find out is if the Torsen LSD still remains only on the manual option or have they found a way to make it work with EDC.

+20BHP too