Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Roblynn1977  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:14:25(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Just heard from a friend that all R.S. Meganes orders have been cancelled by Renault and the car is no longer going to be available to buy.

Erm WTF ?
Offline Repair&Restore  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:27:46(UTC)
Repair&Restore

No good as its a cracking car. I hope it's not a safety issue that's affecting the car????
Offline del115  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:28:53(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Roblynn1977 Go to Quoted Post
Just heard from a friend that all R.S. Meganes orders have been cancelled by Renault and the car is no longer going to be available to buy.

Erm WTF ?

That seems to fit in with what Eccentric1 reported after he was told they were no longer available on the DE ordering system.

If, as suggested, this is all down to the new WLTP emissions regs it does beg the question as to how any manufacturer can be caught out for something that has been known about for a couple of years.

Offline dave.berry  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:36:02(UTC)
dave.berry

Yet the configurator has been updated to include recaro bucket seats today?
Offline dave.berry  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:36:45(UTC)
dave.berry

Madmax made and delivered before September wtlp deadline
Offline Marc_250  
#6 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:36:57(UTC)
Marc_250

Sounds unlikely that they won't be available again at some point? However if it is true those with them will have a rare car!
Offline Rolo  
#7 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:38:21(UTC)
Rolo

Any car registered before 31st August doesn't have to comply with the WLTP test. All existing orders were for the pre WLTP cars & now have to be re-ordered for the WLTP compliant cars.My dealer has told me the order books re-open in December. My car was originally scheduled to be delivered in December, now I'm looking at March.
Offline del115  
#8 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:39:10(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: madmax Go to Quoted Post
Makes you wonder how some have already been sold if they do not comply with the new regs

They are not WLTP compliant.
A condition of the 'early order/free cup chassis' offer was that the cars had to be registered before 31st August.
Offline Rolo  
#9 Posted : 05 October 2018 17:49:30(UTC)
Rolo

This is scaremongering! Production delays are happening across the board with many brands. VAG group are particularly affected. Golf GTI has been dropped, only the Performance Pack version is available, with a 4 month wait! The Golf R & Audi S3 have lost 10 bhp being made compliant. As the Megane RS is such a new car it does beg the question, why it wasn't made WLTP compliant from the start!!
Offline dave.berry  
#10 Posted : 05 October 2018 18:45:30(UTC)
dave.berry

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
This is scaremongering! Production delays are happening across the board with many brands. VAG group are particularly affected. Golf GTI has been dropped, only the Performance Pack version is available, with a 4 month wait! The Golf R & Audi S3 have lost 10 bhp being made compliant. As the Megane RS is such a new car it does beg the question, why it wasn't made WLTP compliant from the start!!

The dealer I use claims it is
Dave
Offline AndyC77  
#11 Posted : 05 October 2018 18:45:45(UTC)
AndyC77

It's been shambolic mis-management throughout the motor industry....it really is embarrassing for manufacturers.
Offline dave.berry  
#12 Posted : 05 October 2018 18:48:52(UTC)
dave.berry

In 3 years time a 68 plate part ex is going to be a rare beast from any maker
Offline Rolo  
#13 Posted : 05 October 2018 18:55:22(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: dave.berry Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post

The dealer I use claims it is
Dave

Most dealers/salesmen know less than the customer. My local Ford dealer told me there isn't going to be an ST version of the new Focus, even though it's already been spied testing at the Nürburgring!! When I told him he was wrong he then proceeded to tell me Ford haven't done an ST of every Focus !!Confused
Offline Black225  
#14 Posted : 05 October 2018 19:59:22(UTC)
Black225

I read somewhere that it's not just down to the manufacturers, the relevant authorities do not have the testing facilities ready to cope with the amount of cars that need to be tested. It's because the new regulations were brought forward unexpectedly catching everybody out.
Offline dave.berry  
#15 Posted : 05 October 2018 20:01:46(UTC)
dave.berry

Originally Posted by: Black225 Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere that it's not just down to the manufacturers, the relevant authorities do not have the testing facilities ready to cope with the amount of cars that need to be tested. It's because the new regulations were brought forward unexpectedly catching everybody out.

Introduced September 2017 for full implementation September 2018 so hardly short notice
Dave
Offline dave.berry  
#16 Posted : 05 October 2018 20:17:40(UTC)
dave.berry

Offline Black225  
#17 Posted : 05 October 2018 20:24:47(UTC)
Black225

Originally Posted by: dave.berry Go to Quoted Post

Introduced September 2017 for full implementation September 2018 so hardly short notice
Dave

https://www.pistonheads....8&t=1718036&i=60

https://www.renaultsport...aspx?g=posts&t=89619

Offline CraigI  
#18 Posted : 06 October 2018 06:04:52(UTC)
CraigI

Fake news.

Delayed perhaps, not cancelled.
Offline eccentric1  
#19 Posted : 06 October 2018 08:29:58(UTC)
eccentric1

It does all seem rather curious, maybe someone from RUK can offer some confirmation but somehow I doubt they will ..... Please.

This confirms what I found out the other day when speaking to a salesman as I posted elsewhere on the forum.
I was asking about the Megane and he said that last week his system had both the 280 and Trophy as available to order although neither could offer exact delivery times then when he tried to look for me he was surprised that both models had suddenly (this week) been removed from his ordering system.
He had no idea why and was totally surprised as he'd had no communication from Renault DE or France.
Offline Roblynn1977  
#20 Posted : 06 October 2018 09:41:19(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Fake news.

No real news, car was ordered in April LY with free cup chassis. Dealer rang them yesterday and advised order had been cancelled by Renault. They can look to reorder when book reopens but won’t get free cup. So they are fairly annoyed.
Offline Rolo  
#21 Posted : 06 October 2018 12:00:34(UTC)
Rolo

The problem is every single variant of a car has to be tested for economy & emissions. i.e. RS 280 Sport manual; RS 280 Sport EDC; Cup manual & Cup EDC. Then all of them again on 19" wheels!! That's why some manufacturers have dropped slow selling variants of some models. Not worth the hassle of making them compliant. The RS 280 has NOT been scrapped; order books re-open in December.
Offline Rolo  
#22 Posted : 06 October 2018 12:07:03(UTC)
Rolo

One thought just occurred to me. Some manufacturers are saying prices will have to rise due to the extra costs of the WLTP. Are Renault going to honour all existing deals or are they going to class them as all new orders & we'll have to negotiate new deals?? Roblynn1977 has already posted that they're not honouring the free Cup chassis deal!

Edited by user 06 October 2018 12:08:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RSaddict  
#23 Posted : 06 October 2018 12:45:38(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: Roblynn1977 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Fake news.

No real news, car was ordered in April LY with free cup chassis. Dealer rang them yesterday and advised order had been cancelled by Renault. They can look to reorder when book reopens but won’t get free cup. So they are fairly annoyed.

This is absolutely disgusting and shows a true lack of customer care. How can Renault offer a deal and through no fault of the customers have this removed after ordering? WTF???

They should hang their heads in shame and all management sacked.
Offline g7egt  
#24 Posted : 06 October 2018 14:36:46(UTC)
g7egt

I'm lovin my RS280 with free Cup chassis, glad I did not go for the gloss black wheels now:)
Offline John_walker74  
#25 Posted : 06 October 2018 15:15:51(UTC)
John_walker74

Fine decision Greg 😀