Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RSaddict  
#26 Posted : 21 November 2018 11:47:24(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: Kieranidus Go to Quoted Post
They never said 19th November from ruk, its actually the 3rd December when the dealerships get the emails etc for the trophy prices and spec, same day when the factory opens.

Have you read the OP here? 19th was from dealership for price and offers??
Offline Theos  
#27 Posted : 21 November 2018 16:16:59(UTC)
Theos

Originally Posted by: RSaddict Go to Quoted Post
They never said 19th November from ruk, its actually the 3rd December when the dealerships get the emails etc for the trophy prices and spec, same day when the factory opens.

Obviously not, he was too busy with desperately trying to argument just for the sake of it.
Offline CraigI  
#28 Posted : 21 November 2018 18:38:01(UTC)
CraigI

Are you primed and ready to place an order?
What spec are you thinking?
Offline CraigI  
#29 Posted : 21 November 2018 18:39:03(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Theos Go to Quoted Post

Obviously not, he was too busy with desperately trying to argument just for the sake of it.

You could say the same for those desperate to whinge about things.

Offline RSaddict  
#30 Posted : 21 November 2018 20:02:46(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

Are you primed and ready to place an order?
What spec are you thinking?

Certainly am, not bothered if it’s 280 or trophy, main spec will include cup chassis, manual, recaros and Bose. All depends on which is best value out of the 2.
Offline jeziron  
#31 Posted : 22 November 2018 00:20:17(UTC)
jeziron

Got to be the Trophy EDC full spec

Edited by user 22 November 2018 17:31:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Theos  
#32 Posted : 22 November 2018 05:16:07(UTC)
Theos

Non trophy EDC for me, CUP suspension is way too stiffer for day to day.
Offline CraigI  
#33 Posted : 22 November 2018 05:38:01(UTC)
CraigI

Will be worth the wait folks I’m sure.

I’ll either be ordering a Trophy with Recaro’s (colour and wheels tbc) or keeping the M2 Competition order I placed in July (delivery May).
Decision to be made, but am getting less and less excited about the M2 as time passes, can’t quite put my finger on why.
I’ve moved from Renault before (to much more expensive and much more powerful cars) and regretted it.
Offline jkp  
#34 Posted : 22 November 2018 11:35:32(UTC)
jkp

I've swithered on and off about this car, but out of everything out there it will be the one I will get excited about. I also sold my previous RS250 and regretted it almost straight away, getting back into another one after trying audi and BM 'quick' cars.

I'm disappointed at the lack of info and the long time this whole process of getting this car to market is taking, but thats only due to the fact I am excited to see what it will look like, what spec, options and deep down knowing I will be ordering one.

So come on Reno, put us out of our misery and let us see what you're offering.
Offline steering1  
#35 Posted : 22 November 2018 12:18:00(UTC)
steering1

https://www.autocar.co.u...ne-rs-trophy-2018-review

That balance, then, is good, and engaging, but still curious. There was a time when a Mégane would be the clear driver’s choice over a Honda or Volkswagen or Hyundai, but that time isn’t now. .......
Offline f.a.t  
#36 Posted : 22 November 2018 14:51:07(UTC)
f.a.t

Reviews in Evo and Auto Express online now.
Offline Georgeski  
#37 Posted : 22 November 2018 15:36:39(UTC)
Georgeski

I don’t realise that the EDC version of the Trophy produced more torque.
Offline Kieranidus  
#38 Posted : 22 November 2018 17:14:40(UTC)
Kieranidus

im getting the trophy of course, orange paint, bose, reverse camera, shark fin and rs mats, not really bothered about recaros seats but depends how much more they are extra a month. I'm getting more excited as we get towards march more and more.
Offline Kirsty172  
#39 Posted : 22 November 2018 19:17:20(UTC)
Kirsty172

judging by the reviews so far (evo, autocar, car, PH) it isn't worth the wait. cup 280 drives virtually the same, but trophy represents better vfm. rock and a hard place.

sounds of the gimmicky RWS doesn't inspire me to want to try the car. the focus RS rear clutch packs were artificial enough and made it a horrible thing to drive fast, and i get the impression the trophy is feeling similarly. not quite as bad, but it doesn't sound like it's immune from being polluted with too much fussing.

those that test drive, be interested to hear your comments.
Offline Marc_250  
#40 Posted : 22 November 2018 20:02:27(UTC)
Marc_250

I’ll either be ordering a Trophy with Recaro’s (colour and wheels tbc) or keeping the M2 Competition order I placed in July (delivery May).
Decision to be made, but am getting less and less excited about the M2 as time passes, can’t quite put my finger on why.
I’ve moved from Renault before (to much more expensive and much more powerful cars) and regretted it.

Only negative I've read about the M2 Comp is engine/exhaust note been poor...but it's still a straight 6 so I bet that's relative and it weighing more than the previous M2 but despite this still drives better.

Wonder which would cost more to own over 3 years, Trophy or M2 Comp?
Offline Rolo  
#41 Posted : 22 November 2018 20:06:04(UTC)
Rolo

I'm not that sure it is good VFM. Autocar reckon the Trophy is going to start from £32000. You could get an RS280 with Cup pack,19" wheels,bi-material discs & a re-map and come in under £32k. Plus you're probably more likely to get a discount off the RS280 than the Trophy. Also Renault have obviously got the Trophy through WLTP homologation so why no news on the RS280??
Offline ibatzakas  
#42 Posted : 22 November 2018 20:14:09(UTC)
ibatzakas

Offline CraigI  
#43 Posted : 23 November 2018 06:07:16(UTC)
CraigI

Slightly underwhelming reviews (which all appear to be a cut and paste, fairly universal and similar comments), not surprising as it is just a few bolt ons.
I still think the Trophy is the one to go for, just need to see how the deals look next.
Will be speaking to the local dealer as soon as it’s all loaded onto the system.

Edited by user 23 November 2018 06:07:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CraigI  
#44 Posted : 23 November 2018 06:12:42(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

Only negative I've read about the M2 Comp is engine/exhaust note been poor...but it's still a straight 6 so I bet that's relative and it weighing more than the previous M2 but despite this still drives better.

Wonder which would cost more to own over 3 years, Trophy or M2 Comp?

I don’t think there would be much in it cost wise between the two.
However I have a desire to jump off the pcp wagon and the Megane potentially presents that opportunity if the deal is right.
Coupled with the fact that my excitement over the M2 is waning, not sure where I’ll end up.

Edited by user 23 November 2018 06:13:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CraigI  
#45 Posted : 23 November 2018 08:05:46(UTC)
CraigI

Just watched the video for the Trophy again.
Personally think Renault have got the way this car looks spot on, certainly the best looking hot hatch. IMO looks vastly improved over the mk3 RS Megane, despite having two extra doors.
It’s great that there are so many choices of great driving hot hatches, really is something for everyone at the moment.
Offline Kieranidus  
#46 Posted : 23 November 2018 08:19:17(UTC)
Kieranidus

im literally paying nothing for the trophy as i wanted, cup chasis, upgraded wheels, bose, upgraded screen and orange paint. well worth the wait in my books
Offline MicahGTi  
#47 Posted : 23 November 2018 09:10:50(UTC)
MicahGTi

For those who are happy with the 280 spec but want more power, RS Tuning in Leeds have successfully mapped 2 Mk4 Meganes to 330bhp with no supporting mods. Obviously you can do this at your own peril, but Paul is the go to man for all things Renault, map wise. Incredibly meticulous - watching him map my 220 Trophy was a sight to behold.
His rollers have also shown that the Megs are bang on 280bhp.
Offline Georgeski  
#48 Posted : 23 November 2018 11:35:41(UTC)
Georgeski

I need to get a test booked when the Trophy is available as the reviews are a bit underwhelming to be honest, they make the 4 wheel steer sound odd and to be honest. Agree with Craig that the looks are spot on though.

Completely off topic, but I like the look of the new Suzuki Jimny and I don't know why...
Offline eccentric1  
#49 Posted : 23 November 2018 11:53:29(UTC)
eccentric1

I used to have a colleague who had a car with 4WS, I think it was a Toyota and he had to get rid of it due to back seat passengers suffering from travel sickness because of it.
Offline RSaddict  
#50 Posted : 23 November 2018 12:12:18(UTC)
RSaddict

I’ve test driven one and to be honest you barely notice the 4WS in action. It’s not that pronounced and when you do it just feels like it’s giving you a little extra help through the bends. Doesn’t feel unnatural to me at all.