Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Brian  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2018 09:57:59(UTC)
Brian

On the continent they embrace the Twingo as an entry level racer. If Renault had advertised the Twingo GT along the lines of this video they might not have had to discontinue the car for lack of sales:

Offline Penn  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2018 21:24:45(UTC)
Penn

I’m a big Renault fan, have been for years. They lost their way with the Twingo GT though by creating a mediocre, non Renaultsport slow hatchback.

I had a Twingo RS 133, such an amazing car. I was expecting this Twingo GT to be a step up from that but it wasn’t.

I’d spend 4 grand on an RS 133 as an entry level racer instead. A better road car, too.
Offline Brian  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2018 14:30:10(UTC)
Brian

I have been with Renault for over 25 years and owned a wide variety of models with an equally variable range of petrol and diesel engines. I was interested in the Twingo RS133, which is a great looking car, but the lack of rear doors and quite heavy fuel consumption discouraged me at that time.
I agree that the current Twingo is not a Renaultsport and I believe it should have been badged as a GT Line with an entirely different target market. But it is the car's individuality that appeals to me and I do find it a very good all-rounder with a decent turn of speed that I am only able to use sparingly due to the incredibly congested roads where I live.
Offline Tanim  
#4 Posted : 19 November 2018 15:50:35(UTC)
Tanim

I'll swap my Clio 220 with Twingo RS! In a way I was expecting an RS since there's already GT in the market..
Offline Brian  
#5 Posted : 19 November 2018 18:44:43(UTC)
Brian

Even though I am very happy with my Twingo GT, I can appreciate why owners of the RS 133 are disappointed that Renault haven't produced a proper RS version of the latest model of Twingo that can outperform its predecessor. After all, this is what most people were expecting.
Once the Twingo GT is out of warranty, some owners may consider one of the stage 1 remaps that are now available which raises power from 110hp to 120hp with a similar increase in torque. Power to weight for the Twingo GT would then be 120 hp/tonne compared with 127hp per tonne of the RS 133.