Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Shmoo  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2018 20:19:49(UTC)
Shmoo

I own a 2016 Megane Nav 275 and had an update around 6 weeks ago to the R-link system. I carried out the update the normal way through the R-link store returning the SD card to the car.
All seemed to be ok until I was in the local car park and needed to reverse into a space. I selected reverse gear expecting the rear camera to display on the screen but instead got a green screen with the outline of the car in the bottom right corner displaying the parking sensors. When I got home I reset the R-link to factory settings thinking that it would be a quick fix and problem resolved. Unfortunately not the case. I also then noticed that the functionality to activate/deactivate the camera had also been removed so no means of being able to turn it on/off myself. I dropped the R-link customer support team an email providing photos, version number of the update and was told they would get back to me. 6 weeks on and I am no further forward. In a nutshell they had no real idea so I went to the main Renault Customer Services to get them to work in conjunction with the R-link team for a solution. I am no nearer to a solution than I was 6 weeks ago. To say i’m frustrated with the technical support provided is an understatement.
Has anyone experienced something similar and found a solution as I cannot believe this is unique to me?

Cheers

Edited by user 04 December 2018 20:22:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shocker  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2018 00:09:11(UTC)
shocker

I tried for five years to get my r-link to work
In and out the garage every few months
I must have over 150 emails to the r-link help people - boffins as they keep calling theirselves
After the warranty ran out they just phoned up and said that not enough people have complained about it so those with the early cars out of warranty will never see it work properly