Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CPMillar  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2019 09:18:25(UTC)
CPMillar

Hi all, new here so I apologise if this is not the right place for this.

I have been thoroughly convinced by the hype and will be buying an RS250. In my hours of searching I have come across a car that pretty much ticks all the boxes for me (cup chassis and recaros mainly) at a reasonable price, however there is a catch: it's an ex silverstone experience car.

So although it's Very low mileage, they've all been done whilst being ragged round Silverstone.

Would I be insane to think about purchasing this car?

I know Silverstone will have meticulously maintained the car, but I can't imagine they'd have stayed on top of everything. What should I look for beyond worn clutch and brake discs?

Thanks in advance guys, very much looking forward to becoming a fellow owner!
Offline sunnylunn  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:40:21(UTC)
sunnylunn

It will have been well maintained thats for sure, is it a big saving over others of the same age and spec? there are a few nice ones for sale on Meganesport FB page, I doubt you'll find one that hasn't been ragged/tracked to be honest, I'd go on condition and service history, let us know how you get on.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2019 13:30:14(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: CPMillar Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, new here so I apologise if this is not the right place for this.

I have been thoroughly convinced by the hype and will be buying an RS250. In my hours of searching I have come across a car that pretty much ticks all the boxes for me (cup chassis and recaros mainly) at a reasonable price, however there is a catch: it's an ex silverstone experience car.

So although it's Very low mileage, they've all been done whilst being ragged round Silverstone.

Would I be insane to think about purchasing this car?

I know Silverstone will have meticulously maintained the car, but I can't imagine they'd have stayed on top of everything. What should I look for beyond worn clutch and brake discs?

Thanks in advance guys, very much looking forward to becoming a fellow owner!

Find another. How do you know how well they maintained it? Unless it’s cheap
Offline FramerateUK  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2019 11:11:22(UTC)
FramerateUK

I'd have a drive of it and see how it feels.

It's probably gone through a few sets of brakes. The clutch would be the biggest concern, but track driving isn't nearly as hard on the clutch as creeping in traffic.

My Caterham is an ex Autosport demo car (the ones they drift around indoors). And aside from having some wear on the seats from the many passengers getting in and out, it was mechanically perfect when I picked it up.
Offline CPMillar  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2019 12:58:33(UTC)
CPMillar

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies to this. I ended up not going for it in the end.

Did end up buying one though, RS250 cup, yellow, leather recaros, rs monitor.

Absolutely loving it.