Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stealth80  
#1 Posted : 05 March 2019 22:45:47(UTC)
Stealth80

Hi,
After owning a Clio 172 Cup for 6 years and replacing that with a 197 (I know) we finally made the lead to the Megane. Over all very happy, just trying to nail some niggles, one of which seems to be that the rear of the car is kinda cold, I found a draft around the drivers door that appears to be coming from below the dash, climate set to 27 and warm air coming from top vents.
This is my second day of owning it and it hasn't stopped raining yet for me to get a good look, any ideas?
Offline RED21  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2019 07:12:59(UTC)
RED21

There is two possibilities that I can think of without actually experiencing the problem,
First, it's possible that the cabin filter/access cap is not fitted correctly allowing unheated air to escape.
The second is a natural phenomenon of trapped cold air or layered air.
This where the air above seat base level is nice and warm, and as warm air rises the lower air pocket remains at a cooler temperature. This cooler air can move around giving an impression of a draft and if trapped behind the dash will flow down to the floor.
The rear section of the cabin can remain a lot colder than the front and take much longer to warm especially if the foot well direction control is rarely used.
Offline Stealth80  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2019 13:27:07(UTC)
Stealth80

Thanks for the reply, had a look today and there was a big open duct in drivers footwell, seen your comment and just ordered a new filter, thanks!