Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Joakim  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2019 20:24:38(UTC)
Joakim

Hi! Does anyone now how to activate rs monitor on the meg trophy 2019? I found it in r-link store but it costs money. It should be free on the trophy...

Ps the perfect offset for this car on 8,5 inch rims are 35:). Something i Wanted to know some time ago:)
/joakim from sweden
Offline FramerateUK  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2019 10:26:29(UTC)
FramerateUK

Get in touch with your dealer.

They'll either be able to get a redemption code for you, or in my case, I just bought it on the store and they reimbursed me for it (that was faster than getting the code from France!).
Offline Rolo  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2019 14:14:58(UTC)
Rolo

Finally getting my RS280 on the 20th after 9 long months! I didn't spec the RS Monitor when I ordered it; so if I decide I want it , can I order it on the Store & download it to the car? If so, how much is it?
Anyone else going to the RS Day at Silverstone tomorrow? See you there; I'll be in the wife's Vauxhall Adam (embarrassingly!) for the afore mentioned reason!!
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2019 14:51:07(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

I’m going to Silverstone tomorrow, not as part of the RS Day though. What’s the crack with the RS day, what’s involved?
Offline Rolo  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2019 15:43:50(UTC)
Rolo

Got an invite via email : hospitality, Trophy test drive etc. Maybe it was a sweetener after waiting so long for my car.
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#6 Posted : 11 May 2019 17:40:28(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Ha, yeah. Enjoy the day.
Offline John_walker74  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2019 18:33:39(UTC)
John_walker74

Saw lots of trophy demo cars driving round a road loop from Silverstone Saturday & Sunday
Offline Rolo  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2019 19:11:40(UTC)
Rolo

I was driving one of them! They took us out for 30 minute test drives on the road. Wasn't allowed to open it up though. The Trophy I was driving already had a faulty exhaust valve; the instructor said yesterday they were getting lots of "pops & bangs" out of it but today it was quite muted.
Offline FramerateUK  
#9 Posted : 13 May 2019 07:35:52(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
Finally getting my RS280 on the 20th after 9 long months! I didn't spec the RS Monitor when I ordered it; so if I decide I want it , can I order it on the Store & download it to the car? If so, how much is it?

It's about £250 I think.

It was a big deal on the 250/265/275 because it was the only way you could change the throttle maps, but since that's all built in to the main interface, all the RS Monitor does is provide you with stats and some lap timer info. I'd save your money to be honest.

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#10 Posted : 13 May 2019 14:10:02(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

I didn't order the RS monitor when I got my RS.
If one wanted to get it now, how would you order it? Do you need to go through your Renault dealer or is there a way to purchase it and download the App? Any ideas? I know it a bit gimmicky but might still get it.
Offline Rolo  
#11 Posted : 13 May 2019 16:00:13(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post

It's about £250 I think.

It was a big deal on the 250/265/275 because it was the only way you could change the throttle maps, but since that's all built in to the main interface, all the RS Monitor does is provide you with stats and some lap timer info. I'd save your money to be honest.

Many thanks for the info. Wasn't bothered about it when I ordered my car; but been thinking about it. But, like you said, £250 is a lot for something you're not going to use very often.
Offline FramerateUK  
#12 Posted : 14 May 2019 08:14:07(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post

I didn't order the RS monitor when I got my RS.
If one wanted to get it now, how would you order it? Do you need to go through your Renault dealer or is there a way to purchase it and download the App? Any ideas? I know it a bit gimmicky but might still get it.

You sign up to the R-Link store, access it via your PC. Then install the software, it'll download onto a USB drive which you then put into the car to transfer across.

Most apps on the store install directly via the car but the RSMonitor is too big it seems.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#13 Posted : 14 May 2019 22:21:26(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Thanks Framerate. I'll try that to see if it works.
Offline Joakim  
#14 Posted : 18 May 2019 05:59:21(UTC)
Joakim

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#15 Posted : 06 June 2019 12:18:17(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Folks,
I have a RS280 EDC car. I spec'd the RS monitor but struggling to get it 'activated'.
I have logged into the R-Link store. Under 'My Products' it is there listed as 'purchased as a pack'. It even states that it was purchased on XX/XX/XX date and will expire in 3,297 days.

Has anyone else had the same issue? Can anyone tell me how to download it from my R-Link store onto a USB key?

I did go to my local dealer today and they are going to look into it for me as well.

Matt

Edited by user 06 June 2019 12:32:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Repair&Restore  
#16 Posted : 07 June 2019 07:50:50(UTC)
Repair&Restore

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#17 Posted : 13 June 2019 10:15:16(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Thanks Repair&Store. This looks like the answer. It seems I'm not alone here with this RS monitor issue.
My local Renault dealer here has sent a technical query to Renault Paris and is still waiting for an answer. But I'm going to PM 'Stevie' my VIN to see if he can activate it for me.
Offline madmax  
#18 Posted : 13 June 2019 12:19:06(UTC)
madmax

Stevie has sorted quite a few out
Offline CraigI  
#19 Posted : 13 June 2019 21:38:25(UTC)
CraigI

Stevie sorted my RS Monitor out.
Fiddled around with it the first evening and doubt I’ll ever use it again in all honesty.
Offline FramerateUK  
#20 Posted : 14 June 2019 07:35:47(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Folks,
I have a RS280 EDC car. I spec'd the RS monitor but struggling to get it 'activated'.
I have logged into the R-Link store. Under 'My Products' it is there listed as 'purchased as a pack'. It even states that it was purchased on XX/XX/XX date and will expire in 3,297 days.

Has anyone else had the same issue? Can anyone tell me how to download it from my R-Link store onto a USB key?

I did go to my local dealer today and they are going to look into it for me as well.

Matt

You need to install the PC software and download it via that onto a USB drive. It's too big to download via the built in connection in the car.

Then you'll be able to just plug the USB drive into the car and it'll install it automatically.
Offline sunnylunn  
#21 Posted : 14 June 2019 08:52:20(UTC)
sunnylunn

how come the supplying dealer doesn't activate it before you pick the car up, sound like a ball ache
Offline FramerateUK  
#22 Posted : 14 June 2019 11:22:16(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
how come the supplying dealer doesn't activate it before you pick the car up, sound like a ball ache

No idea. It should be done if you ask me.

Mine wasn't even activated. I had to buy it and claim a refund back to get it installed.

Car needs to go back to Renault to have the 'Expert' option added when it goes it for its service next month. It wasn't ready on delivery.
Offline CraigI  
#23 Posted : 14 June 2019 12:13:06(UTC)
CraigI

Use Stevie. He did mine remotely and it automatically appeared.
Just needs your reg and vin.