Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Lemon  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2019 03:26:59(UTC)
Lemon

Some of you might know that I had a clunking noise coming from my 15’ Clio IV RS 200 Sport Cup. I have taken it in to dealership service centre where they did a software update, relearn adaptive and a clutch touch point readjust. I mainly drive in Normal Mode Automatic and notice the noise has become less but it is still there after the service, but that is beside the case.

What I wanted to know is, when they do the clutch touch point readjustment via software does it readjust the touch points for all modes (Normal/Auto/Manual) (Sports/Auto/Manual) or only the modes they have selected?

Because today I was driving it in Normal Mode Manual and I notice gear crunch/clunk and rpm and car was jumpy. Scenario that caused this was when I am coming to a stop, I apply gentle brake, car is in 5th gear and I use the paddle shift to downshift to gear 4th to gear 3rd. Once in 3rd I stopped using the paddle shift and let the car auto downshift itself to 2nd then 1st and that is when the crunch occurred and jumpyness. It seems like the clutch or computer was confused? It happens from time to time. —
I don’t know what is causing this or is it because they have forgot to readjust clutch touch point for manual mode?

Please someone with knowledge on this or same experience please help.

Edited by user 23 May 2019 03:29:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline walid  
#2 Posted : 23 May 2019 13:41:30(UTC)
walid

I'd say that's totally normal Behavior. I have the same car as yours 15 RS200T Cup, i must say the gearbox is somehow crazy and has its own shift pattern when you drive it in auto. I had it updated 3 times but still had the same issue, noise and weird changing behavior. My gearbox mechatronic failed last week and had to replace it (its almost the whole brain and motors behind the gearbox) and still it does the same thing, this means it is by design. mine almost feels in neutral downhill at low speeds and then remembers it needs to engage clutch and then does it abruptly with me almost getting my teeth stuck on the steering wheel :)
I'd say that's how EDC has been developed in the clio, if you want smooth shifting, just slide it to manual. as for gear noise and grind that's normal for such gearbox.