Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Giacomo  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2019 20:14:01(UTC)
Giacomo

Ok so I bought the Bose option with 1k Euro, yet I have only some Bass and Treble sliders and thats about it. No EQ, not even a subwoofer volume slider, nothing. I fail to understand this and I also am 100% sure that I can't be the only one who craves more audio controls.

Therefore some questions need to be put:

1 - Is there any way to control the subwoofer volume or gain ?

and

2 - Is there any trick or at least a downloadable R-Link app that lets you modify the audio in any way, like an EQ or anything ?

Ta
Offline vasterad  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2019 21:04:12(UTC)
vasterad

Originally Posted by: Giacomo Go to Quoted Post
Ok so I bought the Bose option with 1k Euro, yet I have only some Bass and Treble sliders and thats about it. No EQ, not even a subwoofer volume slider, nothing. I fail to understand this and I also am 100% sure that I can't be the only one who craves more audio controls.

Therefore some questions need to be put:

1 - Is there any way to control the subwoofer volume or gain ?

and

2 - Is there any trick or at least a downloadable R-Link app that lets you modify the audio in any way, like an EQ or anything ?

Ta

You can only adjust overall low tones volume. It's a shame there's no control just over subwoofer. Cry
Offline Giacomo  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2019 12:47:16(UTC)
Giacomo

Anyone handy with audio electronics ?
Offline rjohn1  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2019 18:50:53(UTC)
rjohn1

So now I have my car and have had time to play, I can detail a few inital findings:

1. The subwoofer is passive and the amplifier is elsewhere. The feed goes under the rear seats but I'm not inclined to trace it
  2. It is controlled with the rear speakers, but using the balance left and right turns it down, so it must be a separate channel
  3. Its possibly a bass-reflex, I'm inclined to say a slot port or maybe transmission line, but I'm not going to open it up to find out
  4. The driver is glued in place rather than with a simple gasket, the bolts add extra reinforcement. Again, I'm not going to remove the driver to find out more
  5. The driver is 1 ohm inductance (I measure 0.7 Ohm)

I don't think that changing the feed to the sub is likely to be easy, but once I find the connector on RSonline I'll plug my own sub in and figure out the feed frequency span. If its pretty decent, a simple line level adapter can feed an external sub. Equally, I'm expecting Bose have specified the upper crossover frequency for the sub-channel so it may be a little more annoying...

I've measured the dimensions and profiled the SPL vs frequency, but not had chance to analyse them yet. I'll post pics, calculations and graphs soon.

Edited by user 12 July 2019 18:51:25(UTC)  | Reason: Typo correction

Offline Giacomo  
#5 Posted : 14 July 2019 23:07:32(UTC)
Giacomo

Originally Posted by: rjohn1 Go to Quoted Post
So now I have my car and have had time to play, I can detail a few inital findings:

1. The subwoofer is passive and the amplifier is elsewhere. The feed goes under the rear seats but I'm not inclined to trace it
  2. It is controlled with the rear speakers, but using the balance left and right turns it down, so it must be a separate channel
  3. Its possibly a bass-reflex, I'm inclined to say a slot port or maybe transmission line, but I'm not going to open it up to find out
  4. The driver is glued in place rather than with a simple gasket, the bolts add extra reinforcement. Again, I'm not going to remove the driver to find out more
  5. The driver is 1 ohm inductance (I measure 0.7 Ohm)

I don't think that changing the feed to the sub is likely to be easy, but once I find the connector on RSonline I'll plug my own sub in and figure out the feed frequency span. If its pretty decent, a simple line level adapter can feed an external sub. Equally, I'm expecting Bose have specified the upper crossover frequency for the sub-channel so it may be a little more annoying...

I've measured the dimensions and profiled the SPL vs frequency, but not had chance to analyse them yet. I'll post pics, calculations and graphs soon.

Nice finds, please keep us updated.