Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline NickRS  
#101 Posted : 19 August 2019 12:28:14(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
NICKRS, sorry, but I don't feel you can describe the R as a daily driver, which seems to be your differentiation versus the Lotus for example. 2 fixed back seats, no rear seats, high purchase cost, marginal tyres and so on. Whilst a longer trip to a circuit might be better, I don't think it qualifies it as a daily. And I think your suggested client will not be buying this car as her daily, I think that she would most likely be using a 3 series touring as a minimum.

Any thoughts?

I have travelled 100 miles in an Elise/Exige. I am only 6 foot and slim/flexible. It was unbearable. It was the 2 of us which made it even more unconfortable as shoulders rubbing. Getting in and out is a very unpleasant experience too. A trip in a Mk3 Trophy R was extremely comfortable by contrast,particularly on Ohlins. The Meganes tyres are not marginal at all, they're not even semi slick carcass and are a full tread. And where do you put luggage in the Elise. Purchase cost is still low for the capability at £51k. The Lotus doesn't have rear seats either.

Surely the Megane is far far more a daily than the Lotus, unless you've never travelled in a Lotus Elise.

Claiming the opposite is bonkers, at best. So well done on the consistency of the continuous self harming. Keep it coming. Or don't actually, Meganes are not for you so go somewhere else, maybe a Lotus forum, although you don't have one of those either.
Offline Witney  
#102 Posted : 20 August 2019 11:33:49(UTC)
Witney

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/megane-rs-trophy-r-full-specs-confirmed/40543

One big problem . . . Alpine 110, Doesnt it make more sense that the meggy?
Offline MrRS  
#103 Posted : 20 August 2019 16:04:24(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: Witney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/megane-rs-trophy-r-full-specs-confirmed/40543

One big problem . . . Alpine 110, Doesnt it make more sense that the meggy?

Absolutely, and particularly if it was the 110S.

Here’s one doing OK.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJuSx3zf9pg
Offline Kirsty172  
#104 Posted : 21 August 2019 20:18:20(UTC)
Kirsty172

NICKRS, ongoing personal insults again. Disappointed that you are unable to accept an alternative view presented with credible argument, and apparently take pleasure in degrading individuals online.

The capability to travel 100 miles in a car comfortably isn't a major consideration in a 72k track car I'd suggest. And I believe other factors are more representative of qualifying as a daily driver.

More over, I don't recall you've addressed the issue of the car's relevance, or relative value for money. Any views?

For those that have bought, enjoy them. But you are totally correct, my 72k would be going elsewhere.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#105 Posted : 21 August 2019 22:59:03(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Let us know where your 72k would go and we will send you a link to that forum. 😉
Offline Georgeski  
#106 Posted : 22 August 2019 07:47:02(UTC)
Georgeski

NICKRS, ongoing personal insults again. Disappointed that you are unable to accept an alternative view presented with credible argument, and apparently take pleasure in degrading individuals online.

The capability to travel 100 miles in a car comfortably isn't a major consideration in a 72k track car I'd suggest. And I believe other factors are more representative of qualifying as a daily driver.

More over, I don't recall you've addressed the issue of the car's relevance, or relative value for money. Any views?

For those that have bought, enjoy them. But you are totally correct, my 72k would be going elsewhere.

I woukd suggest that travelling over 100mikes in a track car is a major consideration. You drive to Spa and back in an uncomfortable car and then tell me it isn't important.
Offline MrRS  
#107 Posted : 23 August 2019 08:11:20(UTC)
MrRS

If a Lotus is all a bit hardcore, then at the other end of the spectrum a £65k Alfa Giulia QV can lap the Ring in 7:32 (8 sec quicker than the Mk4 Trophy R !!). That still leaves £8k spare for consumables and a nice arse cosseting ride to a track.
Offline NickRS  
#108 Posted : 23 August 2019 12:24:35(UTC)
NickRS

They're not insults they are mere statements of fact. You're degrading yourself by the absurdity of your bias and your hatred of all things Megane RS 4. I take no pleasure in stating the obvious.

I explained in detail the rationale behind the excellent VFM of the R in this very thread but reading comprehension not your forte either. Not an insult, just a statement of the obvious.

Doing 100miles in confort to the Ring or Spa or even Oulton from SE England is a major factor in a trackable daily. But how would you know? You don't do track days, you don't do Ring trips, which confirms that your absurd, prejudiced and irrational views of that car are nill and void. You are just a troll, and a poor one at that.

It's not £72k as there was only one at that price. It is £51k. How hard is this to comprehend? Not that you have either amounts to spend anyway, so your "views" have very little value.

And if you had £51k, you still can't come up with a new trackable car that would compete. Unless of course you can convince your Porsche dealer to sell you a GT4, have you tried ?

Go and troll on other forums please, which you probably do under several names anyway.

Offline NickRS  
#109 Posted : 23 August 2019 12:26:39(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: MrRS Go to Quoted Post
If a Lotus is all a bit hardcore, then at the other end of the spectrum a £65k Alfa Giulia QV can lap the Ring in 7:32 (8 sec quicker than the Mk4 Trophy R !!). That still leaves £8k spare for consumables and a nice arse cosseting ride to a track.

You can't be serious or know so little about track use. Not possible. It's a great road car. Not a car trackable on a regular basis.

Offline NickRS  
#110 Posted : 23 August 2019 12:28:09(UTC)
NickRS

Dumb and dumber. Sorry.
Offline MrRS  
#111 Posted : 23 August 2019 14:04:57(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post

You can't be serious or know so little about track use. Not possible. It's a great road car. Not a car trackable on a regular basis.

Very possible and trackable as it isn’t racing and the Alfa is lighter than a Nissan GTR or M4. You just have to be open minded. There’s plenty of variety bombing around on a trackday.

Offline NickRS  
#112 Posted : 23 August 2019 16:59:39(UTC)
NickRS

Very possible and trackable as it isn’t racing and the Alfa is lighter than a Nissan GTR or M4. You just have to be open minded. There’s plenty of variety bombing around on a trackday.

You have zero track experience with road cars, have you? Neither the GTR nor the M4 are any good either, way too heavy. They overheat their tyres, pads and brake fluid very quickly and offer zero warranty for track use. You'll get 3 hot laps at best. The GTR can only 2 laps at the Ring as it runs out of fuel mid way through the 3rd one.

The opposite to a £51k Megane R, which will be a viable option on track, hence its value.
Offline CraigI  
#113 Posted : 23 August 2019 19:58:17(UTC)
CraigI

As bad as each other^^^^^^
Offline MrRS  
#114 Posted : 24 August 2019 09:18:06(UTC)
MrRS

You have zero track experience with road cars, have you? Neither the GTR nor the M4 are any good either, way too heavy. They overheat their tyres, pads and brake fluid very quickly and offer zero warranty for track use. You'll get 3 hot laps at best. The GTR can only 2 laps at the Ring as it runs out of fuel mid way through the 3rd one.

The opposite to a £51k Megane R, which will be a viable option on track, hence its value.

The post was about an Alfa Giulia not a much heavier GTR 😁 Anyway, all those frequent track day GTR owners don’t seem to have bought into your theory that they are not a viable option.

Offline NickRS  
#115 Posted : 27 August 2019 18:20:27(UTC)
NickRS

The post was about an Alfa Giulia not a much heavier GTR 😁 Anyway, all those frequent track day GTR owners don’t seem to have bought into your theory that they are not a viable option.

I have already replied to you on the Giulia front, I am then replying to you subsequent irrelevant comparison with the 2 others. The M4 is a bit lighter than the Alfa by the way, if you compare their respective DIN weights.

My theory ? That heavy road cars don't work well on track ? Seriously ?

I appreciate you have next to zero understanding or track use.

I see very very few GTRs on track days in the UK, do you ?

They're OK at the Ring where the long straights help cooling, but you don't see that many and mainly on TF.

They are a very rare choice for sustained and regular track use - certainly not frequent.
Offline MrRS  
#116 Posted : 29 August 2019 11:03:34(UTC)
MrRS

I have already replied to you on the Giulia front, I am then replying to you subsequent irrelevant comparison with the 2 others. The M4 is a bit lighter than the Alfa by the way, if you compare their respective DIN weights.

My theory ? That heavy road cars don't work well on track ? Seriously ?

I appreciate you have next to zero understanding or track use.

I see very very few GTRs on track days in the UK, do you ?

They're OK at the Ring where the long straights help cooling, but you don't see that many and mainly on TF.

They are a very rare choice for sustained and regular track use - certainly not frequent.

Still hung up on a GTR and weight then? The Megane is heavy compared to a Caterham, so just tow one in on a trailer for regular track days. Problem easily solved for £72k.

Also, with that £72k Megane R budget, there’s plenty of choice and even with your self imposed narrow buying criteria just focused on a new car for regular track days, that choice can also include modified and used cars, as Renault doesn’t warrant R cars in its T+C’s for track use. If they do now then please post up some details.

The low spec £51k R version? Well it doesn’t have the Ring record kudos or the bits that make it special and with its slower lap times, even if it had to fulfil your new car trackday requirement, buyers may be tempted to save £20k and buy a FK8 Type R and lap just as fast. The £51k Megane R owners not going to be be happy having a Type R welded to his rear bumper on track. Laps times suddenly not important? No need to buy a Megane R for track then.

The trackday world is rammed with tempting cheaper, modified or more cost effective stuff and that is this Meganes problem. It’s no longer the everymans affordable hot hatch hero.

I’d rather have have seen the ‘R’ budget spent on making the basic 300 Trophy a much more appealing and better drivers car than the Type R.
Offline NickRS  
#117 Posted : 29 August 2019 11:27:40(UTC)
NickRS

It's already a better drivers car than the Type R in my experience. Have you personally driven both back to back? Do you do track days? I assume your answer is no to both so your prejudice (as I can't call it an opinion) is irrelevant. Have you towed a car to the Ring before, or even to a UK track day? I assume the answer is no.
You're not in the demographic. You have zero idea about the subject.
Comparing to second hand and modified cars now? The mind boggles.

Edited by user 29 August 2019 11:28:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sunnylunn  
#118 Posted : 29 August 2019 17:45:53(UTC)
sunnylunn

Doesn’t have a car and probably doesn’t drive, google is his best friend.
If you don’t like anything Renault, why come on here? That R is expensive, so what?
Offline CraigI  
#119 Posted : 30 August 2019 04:19:25(UTC)
CraigI

NickRS, your posts are quickly becoming as tedious as those of the person you are calling out for their posting style (who ‘s posts I don’t see unless someone quotes them).
I block Kirsty’s posts as I don’t want to see their constant and somewhat baffling “Renault is rubbish” diatribe.
Your “I go on track and you don’t so you don’t know what you are talking about” repetition on numerous forums is similarly life sapping to read over and over?

I’ve previously enjoyed your posts and don’t want you to end up on my block list, so thought I’d share.
Offline Kirsty172  
#120 Posted : 30 August 2019 14:49:34(UTC)
Kirsty172

Pretty impressive that folks have the motivation to block an individual's posts on a public forum, isn't the intent of a public forum: to share opinion and slag it off?

Offline NickRS  
#121 Posted : 31 August 2019 15:07:16(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
NickRS, your posts are quickly becoming as tedious as those of the person you are calling out for their posting style (who ‘s posts I don’t see unless someone quotes them).
I block Kirsty’s posts as I don’t want to see their constant and somewhat baffling “Renault is rubbish” diatribe.
Your “I go on track and you don’t so you don’t know what you are talking about” repetition on numerous forums is similarly life sapping to read over and over?

I’ve previously enjoyed your posts and don’t want you to end up on my block list, so thought I’d share.

Hi Craig - if you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them and I'll ignore yours, how fair is that ?

Really nothing tedious, just sharing experience - no need for the strawman argument either, that's quite tedious : I never said “I go on track and you don’t so you don’t know what you are talking about” - it's pretty obvious that if you don't track your car (nothing wrong with that) there are number of things you simply can't understand, particularly when applied to a car that has so much track potential as a RS product. This is amply demonstrated by this thread, don't you agree ?
Offline foxspeed  
#122 Posted : 31 August 2019 16:11:02(UTC)
foxspeed

brilliant reply LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL