Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edd1e  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2019 16:05:46(UTC)
edd1e

So it’s been a good few years (9) since I was last in a R.S, which was a Clio 200. I’m now seriously looking at buying the new Trophy 300.

I’m looking for some reassurance I’m making the correct choice. I have sat in a 280, but no driven or been in a Trophy yet. Interested in getting answers to a few questions:

- How does the servicing work. Does it need to be serviced at a R.S. dealer, or can any Renault dealer do it? The closest R.S. dealer is over 1hr away from me.
- Have there been any big issues with the mk4 so far? Are dealers generally being good at resolving them?
- Current selected options are: Bose, Volcanic Orange paint, Visio pack, Recaro seats and reversing camera. Anything missing?
- I’m a little worried the little 1.8 might feel a little breathless, even with the 300bhp. How are people finding the engine?

I dislike the Jerez wheels on the Trophy, I’m going to swap them out for some black aftermarket ones, not really seen any pictures of mk4’s on after market wheels. Any ideas?

Thanks! Cool
Offline outhouse  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2019 16:54:58(UTC)
outhouse

Don't think the Recaros are available anymore, this has held my order up...

For one of my cars my nearest dealer is 100 miles away so an hour's not so bad, use it as an excuse for a fast road trip and hope it does not break down, I do!

New to Renault RS but looking forward to mine whenever it comes (no where near having a date yet!) as it is replacing a Golf R it's got a lot to live up to!
Offline Kit  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2019 18:17:58(UTC)
Kit

Any Renault dealer can do the service.

Spec is the same as mine but I've got a flame red, I'm a little non plussed about the visio it was specced on the car already but it doesn't really seem to work half the time. But the spec seems good to me, I don't do much motorway driving but if I did the adaptive cruise control would have been useful.

Not had it long but no issues on mine and not really heard of any when looking. The only issue I have is that the live traffic wont start up on the car and r link support have been sat on it for 3 weeks with no progress yet.

The wheels are a lot better in the flesh so I would suggest waiting until you get the car before buying any alternatives as they may grow on you. I was put off by the wheels but now I actually quite like them.

Engine feels good but I haven't driven it to its limits yet but it has the power and low end torque is good as well so I can't see much fault with it.