Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaz5282  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2019 16:30:59(UTC)
Gaz5282

So after being told for the 3rd time that the new gearbox would be with my dealer, its still a no show, to top it off, my customer service case manager who told me yesterday that he would be in contact with me everyday between now and my car being fixed failed to call me today, its a complete crap show.
Offline foxspeed  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2019 17:31:41(UTC)
foxspeed

shocking how long can it take to get one its not as if its out of production Shocked
Offline Gaz5282  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2019 20:06:08(UTC)
Gaz5282

They have 1 available, but due to a 'system error' it kept saying that it was going to be delivered, but never was, this week they were very confident it would be here today, higher ups had confirmed, but alas nothing, I'm wondering at what point I tell them to just give me the car for free.
Offline Gaz5282  
#4 Posted : 01 August 2019 12:31:56(UTC)
Gaz5282

Well that's another phone call from RUK after being promised it this week, no i have been told it will be shipped this weekend, hopefully Friday.
I've told them I want my deposit back, or my deposit back and they can also have the car back aswell.
Offline Gaz5282  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2019 11:40:09(UTC)
Gaz5282

Well my latest call today is another week or 2 before the box is shipped, so by time my car is back to me, will be 2 months without my car.
Offline outhouse  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2019 12:08:31(UTC)
outhouse

No good!

Have you asked them for a box out of one of the many showroom demonstrators that seem to be out there?

The answer will be no, of course, but you never know...
Offline mark@rawlinson  
#7 Posted : 05 August 2019 12:30:27(UTC)
mark@rawlinson

Originally Posted by: Gaz5282 Go to Quoted Post
Well my latest call today is another week or 2 before the box is shipped, so by time my car is back to me, will be 2 months without my car.

might be worth asking customer care if they would consider compensation of the 2 months worth of payments when you havn't been able to use the car. guessing you have raised a case with them, the dealer is probably doing their best, but if the gearbox isn't there, there isn't a lot they can do.
Offline Gaz5282  
#8 Posted : 05 August 2019 13:27:25(UTC)
Gaz5282

Dealer is doing what they can, but last Monday my call with customer service case manager started with as we are confident that your car will be sorted this week, let's talk compensation, then when the gearbox didn't arrive and I said I was told this week, he said the dealer shouldn't have told me it was going to be in, and they offered me 2 months worths of finance for a month of not having the car, they upped it slightly when I said no, and today they offer an extra £100 for my car not being back to me for another 3 weeks.
Offline outhouse  
#9 Posted : 05 August 2019 15:31:17(UTC)
outhouse

That's not a bad start, apart from the mis-information (never good) they look like they are trying, but I guess you'd rather have the car than the money...

Blame it on just-in-time manufacturing they are only building what they need and they don't need a warehouse full spare gearboxes for a car new to market. But only Toyota gets away with that, perhaps they should have built a few more, just-in-case!
Offline Gaz5282  
#10 Posted : 05 August 2019 15:35:37(UTC)
Gaz5282

They have 1 sat in the warehouse in France, my name is on it, it's on priority order/dispatch but still can't get it to me.
It's when your case manager tells you he's going to contact you every day, then the next day doesn't even phone, and then when you call him out on it and he apolagises then next day doesn't call either.
Offline FramerateUK  
#11 Posted : 06 August 2019 14:54:15(UTC)
FramerateUK

They have 1 sat in the warehouse in France, my name is on it, it's on priority order/dispatch but still can't get it to me.
It's when your case manager tells you he's going to contact you every day, then the next day doesn't even phone, and then when you call him out on it and he apolagises then next day doesn't call either.

I had similar issues a few years back when I had an accident in my 250.

Repairs were completed quickly but no-one could get a hold of a new roof liner (the curtain airbags went off destroying the original). Neither Renault not the insurer could give me an eta on the part though, and it went on for months.

After 4 months the repair shop just called one day to say the part had arrived! It was fitted and checked over in a couple of days.

Renault called me after the repairer did to say they still couldn't find one. No idea how the roof liner got there!

It's not unique to Renault. There was a BMW in the repair shop sat next to mine that had been waiting 6 months for a new bumper.

I hope you get it sorted soon!
Offline Gaz5282  
#12 Posted : 06 August 2019 16:40:53(UTC)
Gaz5282

They are saying that it's now issues with the part that means it's not allowed to be shipped, I've told them to swap my car with an ex demo model from another dealer, they won't do that, I've told them to take the gear box out of an ex demo model thats currently for sale through Renault retail group and they won't do that, the only thing they can offer me, is to wait, and inconvenience me, because the megane isn't my daily car it's my girlfriends, so my work car she is having to use, some days I need it to take parts to customers that won't fit in my hire astra, which means she is either stuck in the house all day, or I have to drop her at work, do what I need to, and then hope I'm back in time to pick her up, it's been a nightmare.
Offline CraigI  
#13 Posted : 06 August 2019 21:21:36(UTC)
CraigI

Reject it and be done with it.
No car is worth the apparent hassle you are suffering.
Offline Gaz5282  
#14 Posted : 06 August 2019 21:25:15(UTC)
Gaz5282

My problem is if I reject it, I am left without a car, which I need. So I'm losing out no matter what.
Offline mark@rawlinson  
#15 Posted : 07 August 2019 10:42:46(UTC)
mark@rawlinson

My problem is if I reject it, I am left without a car, which I need. So I'm losing out no matter what.

losing out is a strong statement, not an ideal situation, but your getting your payments back for the time you have been without the car, plus you have a car to keep you mobile, so in theory apart from the hassle your actually driving around for free, even be it a non RS. There isn't a lot you can do, other than be patient, daily calls from customer care wont help because unless that have anything to tell you its just a waste of your time. things like this happen every day, and its one of those things, not saying its acceptable, but its part of life :(
Offline del115  
#16 Posted : 07 August 2019 18:02:14(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: mark@rawlinson Go to Quoted Post

losing out is a strong statement, not an ideal situation, but your getting your payments back for the time you have been without the car, plus you have a car to keep you mobile, so in theory apart from the hassle your actually driving around for free, even be it a non RS. There isn't a lot you can do, other than be patient, daily calls from customer care wont help because unless that have anything to tell you its just a waste of your time. things like this happen every day, and its one of those things, not saying its acceptable, but its part of life :(

^^^ That could have straight out of the Customer Services handbook.

The OP purchased a 'new' car that went wrong within hours.
OK, stuff happens but the ongoing treatment both from Renault and CS is appalling and is not by any stretch 'part of life'

Sad thing is it is the standard 'modus operandi' of Renault, CS and most of the dealer network.
Only interested in getting your money after that you are pretty much on your own.

I speak of course from bitter experience.
Rejected my Meg280 last August after it had broken down 3 times with a month of collecting.
Took 6 months before Renault/Dealer would even accept their was a fault and a further 3 months after they did before I got my money back.
Renault UK CS, don't get me started.

Last new Renault I am ever going to buy.
Offline CraigI  
#17 Posted : 07 August 2019 19:23:17(UTC)
CraigI

What are you driving now Del?
Offline Gaz5282  
#18 Posted : 07 August 2019 19:36:52(UTC)
Gaz5282

I am losing out because at this moment, yes I have a hire car, but the megane is not my daily it's my partners, my Ford c max is my daily, which i use for work, and as much as I can use the hire car for work, I can't get Scaffold parts in, and if I need to take something to a customer that doesn't fit in the astra, then I take the c max, which means my girlfriend on her days off has to stay at home all day with our 3 year old boy, or I have to work my day around taking and picking her up from work all whilst the hire car is sat at home.
The money back for my monthly payment doesn't cover that hassle, it doesn't cover my insurance, it doesn't cover tax.
Then if I reject the car what can I do, wait another 3-4 months for a new car that I've already been waiting over 4 months for now, or go to another manufacturer, which I have enquired with, and get a car that I'm not 100% sure I want, but I can get for same monthly payments, but will still have to wait 2 weeks atleast for, which means I'm without a car for 2 weeks as the hire car will have to go back.
As for daily calls it has to be, because every question I ask, the only reply I get is "I will speak to my senior" but then don't call you back the next day.
Basically all Renault want to do is make me wait, instead of actually looking after the person giving them money.
Offline CraigI  
#19 Posted : 07 August 2019 19:54:03(UTC)
CraigI

Why does your girlfriend not use the Astra that (I assume) Renault have provided to replace her Megane?

Edited by user 07 August 2019 19:56:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gaz5282  
#20 Posted : 07 August 2019 20:48:08(UTC)
Gaz5282

Because the megane is my car, that I brought, so the hire car is all in my name.
Offline CraigI  
#21 Posted : 07 August 2019 21:35:07(UTC)
CraigI

Because the megane is my car, that I brought, so the hire car is all in my name.

She can’t just be insured to drive the Astra like she was the Megane? More than one person can drive a hire car and if Renault are keeping you mobile then you should have made it clear that that includes insuring your girlfriend for use of the hire car as she was insured on the Megane?
Sounds like it should be simple.

Edited by user 07 August 2019 21:37:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline NickRS  
#22 Posted : 08 August 2019 11:09:48(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

I speak of course from bitter experience.
Rejected my Meg280 last August after it had broken down 3 times with a month of collecting.
Took 6 months before Renault/Dealer would even accept their was a fault and a further 3 months after they did before I got my money back.
Renault UK CS, don't get me started.

Last new Renault I am ever going to buy.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like an awful experience. What caused it to break down and was the fault not fixable?
Offline Gaz5282  
#23 Posted : 08 August 2019 11:11:22(UTC)
Gaz5282

Anyone on here on the Renaultsportclub.co.uk forum?
Offline DanF  
#24 Posted : 08 August 2019 11:20:19(UTC)
DanF

Yes.
Offline Gaz5282  
#25 Posted : 08 August 2019 11:33:59(UTC)
Gaz5282

Is there a problem with it today, or have I just been banned?