Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Giacomo  
#51 Posted : 14 November 2019 18:29:59(UTC)
Giacomo

Originally Posted by: dannyboy Go to Quoted Post
Is that correct is was just meant to be removed regardless?? Because the dealership said, mine was all good that was that no work carried out as far as I'm aware

yes.
Offline Giacomo  
#52 Posted : 14 November 2019 18:31:24(UTC)
Giacomo

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Well my local dealer are adamant that the solenoid needs changing and can't release the car as it's a red recall.

They literally just called me back to say the part is due in France today and should be with them next week.

I just want my car back for the heated seats, it's been bloody cold this week LOL LOL

It doesn't need changing, it needs to be disconnected. It only needs changing if, after disconnection mod, the pressure at 2000 rpm with engine warm is lesser than 2.1 bars. Otherwise it remains there, obviously disconnected.

Edited by user 14 November 2019 22:28:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FramerateUK  
#53 Posted : 15 November 2019 11:08:00(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Giacomo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Well my local dealer are adamant that the solenoid needs changing and can't release the car as it's a red recall.

They literally just called me back to say the part is due in France today and should be with them next week.

I just want my car back for the heated seats, it's been bloody cold this week LOL LOL

It doesn't need changing, it needs to be disconnected. It only needs changing if, after disconnection mod, the pressure at 2000 rpm with engine warm is lesser than 2.1 bars. Otherwise it remains there, obviously disconnected.

I tried to explain this to the service desk but it was like talking to a wall.
Offline RED21  
#54 Posted : 15 November 2019 13:38:57(UTC)
RED21

If the oil pressure test is below the value given the solenoid NEEDS replacement.

If it is above the value just the wiring part needs to be done.

If they are saying the solenoid is needed the oil pressure must have been below the required minimum and that's why they are keeping the car
Offline FramerateUK  
#55 Posted : 15 November 2019 15:56:57(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
If the oil pressure test is below the value given the solenoid NEEDS replacement.

If it is above the value just the wiring part needs to be done.

If they are saying the solenoid is needed the oil pressure must have been below the required minimum and that's why they are keeping the car

They told me they had the part on order before the car even went in.

It could well be that the technicians have it all in hand and the service desk just don't have the info Smile

Edited by user 15 November 2019 15:57:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Grozzy  
#56 Posted : 17 November 2019 10:10:16(UTC)
Grozzy

Thanks for that RED21.