Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FramerateUK  
#26 Posted : 30 October 2019 12:39:28(UTC)
FramerateUK

Mine's been in for nearly a week now - still waiting on a part.
Offline RED21  
#27 Posted : 30 October 2019 13:49:23(UTC)
RED21

For the oil pump recall We have to download a software patch on to our diagnostic equipment to enable us to read the oil pressure, as for other software updates there are a couple affecting R link, injection but these are subject to various model specifics and affects multiple variants of Megane V so without precise vehicle information cannot say what affect what.
Offline Giacomo  
#28 Posted : 30 October 2019 19:19:36(UTC)
Giacomo

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
For the oil pump recall We have to download a software patch on to our diagnostic equipment to enable us to read the oil pressure, as for other software updates there are a couple affecting R link, injection but these are subject to various model specifics and affects multiple variants of Megane V so without precise vehicle information cannot say what affect what.

Hello, my car was recalled by Renault for this wiring thing (in a different country), like 2 months ago and after he looked at it, the engineer from the dealership told me it looks fine and doesnt need any modification. There wasnt any 2000 rpm test or anything, just a quick inspection to the wiring and only that.

I am suspecting he didn't do it how it should've been done and I am scared like hell, love this car alot. Can you please explain me in detail whats the whole deal with the wiring so I can get back and make sure they will do it good ? Thanks alot.
Offline RED21  
#29 Posted : 30 October 2019 22:26:19(UTC)
RED21

It is possible that your Megane had already been checked & realigned prior to delivery & there was a cross over period where notification of completion from the dealer & the letter informing you of the recall, and the engineer noted the white sticker under the bonnet with the recall code written on it informing anyone that the particular recall operation has been done.
Offline Giacomo  
#30 Posted : 31 October 2019 05:49:39(UTC)
Giacomo

It is possible that your Megane had already been checked & realigned prior to delivery & there was a cross over period where notification of completion from the dealer & the letter informing you of the recall, and the engineer noted the white sticker under the bonnet with the recall code written on it informing anyone that the particular recall operation has been done.

no such thing happened, as in the engineer noting white stickers under the bonnet or etc, only a brief inspection to the solenoid wiring, which he chaimed, "shouldn't be replaced since he doesn't see anything broken or teared".
Offline Giacomo  
#31 Posted : 31 October 2019 05:50:40(UTC)
Giacomo

Can you please expand a bit the wiring issue and its fix so we can all understand the problem and its solution ? would be really appreciated.

Edited by user 31 October 2019 06:44:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Giacomo  
#32 Posted : 31 October 2019 18:15:19(UTC)
Giacomo

Can anyone please expand a bit the wiring issue and its fix so we can all understand the problem and its solution ?

Would be really appreciated.
Offline Rolo  
#33 Posted : 05 November 2019 15:56:12(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
Got mine booked in. No car offered as they said should only take about an hour so I'm going to wait.

Car went in today. Hour & a half; all done, no problems, no need to replace valve. They plugged a laptop in ; ran the car at 2000rpm for a set time & checked the valve pressures. All perfect.
Offline delboy280  
#34 Posted : 05 November 2019 18:34:39(UTC)
delboy280

I believe they replace the wiring or remove it as a matter of course
Mind was done Monday no problems.
Offline FramerateUK  
#35 Posted : 06 November 2019 12:42:42(UTC)
FramerateUK

Mine's still waiting.

Apparently there are different part numbers for different ages of car? I phoned up yesterday and they said they had two Meganes waiting for the part.
Offline delboy280  
#36 Posted : 06 November 2019 13:10:22(UTC)
delboy280

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Mine's still waiting.

Apparently there are different part numbers for different ages of car? I phoned up yesterday and they said they had two Meganes waiting for the part.

out of interest what was the delivery date of yours

Edited by user 06 November 2019 13:11:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FramerateUK  
#37 Posted : 06 November 2019 13:48:35(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: delboy280 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Mine's still waiting.

out of interest what was the delivery date of yours

An early one. July 2018.

I ordered as soon the pricing was announced LOL
Offline Giacomo  
#38 Posted : 09 November 2019 11:58:22(UTC)
Giacomo

Got mine booked in. No car offered as they said should only take about an hour so I'm going to wait.

Car went in today. Hour & a half; all done, no problems, no need to replace valve. They plugged a laptop in ; ran the car at 2000rpm for a set time & checked the valve pressures. All perfect.

By any chance, do you know if they removed the wiring to the valve, or just checked the pressure and leave it like that ?
Offline Rolo  
#39 Posted : 09 November 2019 19:29:18(UTC)
Rolo

Wiring was checked. There's a lot of scaremongering on this forum. The main issue is a potentially faulty valve & very few cars are actually affected.
Offline CraigI  
#40 Posted : 09 November 2019 21:02:03(UTC)
CraigI

I was told some wiring was redone, no valve replacement required.
Offline delboy280  
#41 Posted : 10 November 2019 16:09:33(UTC)
delboy280

I believe the wiring is changed as a matter of course
and then oil pressure checked if ok no further work required

Offline Sprocker  
#42 Posted : 10 November 2019 20:07:07(UTC)
Sprocker

When I picked my car up nearly two weeks ago, I was told all they needed to check was the oil pressure and that the wiring was routed correctly and not chafing. Parts were ordered and fitted but at the time I picked the car up, all the mechanics had gone home, so I couldn't clarify any further.
I also had the bonnet recall, which was only a case of applying some sealant inside the bonnet.
Offline Giacomo  
#43 Posted : 12 November 2019 12:07:17(UTC)
Giacomo

I had the chance to read the whole Renault notification and the wiring to the solenoid valve must be removed altogether. Reason behind it is that sometimes, the valve itself gets stuck into the open position, by very small metal particles that are found in the oil. If such thing happens, the oil pressure gets extremely low, and serious engine damage can happen.

The fix sent in the Renault notification is complete removal of the valve's wiring, not just it's disconnection, so no 'random Joe" will connect it back by mistake when some service maintenance/check in will happen in the future. This issue is extremely serious and dangerous, and destroyed so far several Megane and Alpine A110 engines.

https://car-recalls.eu/r...l/alpine-a100-2017-2019/

P.S. The notification is quite poor written, many engineers who didn't study it carefuly, thought they must only check the wires, or replace them with new ones. Happened to me and found out there was no modification because the Renault engineer thought he only had to check the wiring and pressure, found them ok so he didnt do anything. Talked to him, and asked him to read it once again, he was quite reluctant, but afterthat he admitted he was wrong and did it correctly.

Therefore,it would be really wise that everyone who had his car recalled for this modification, talk once again with the service and make sure they removed the wiring, not just check it along with the pressure. The reason I am saying this is that even if your solenoid appears to work now, there is no guarantee it wont get stuck in the future and your engine may get totalled.

Edited by user 12 November 2019 12:12:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline delboy280  
#44 Posted : 12 November 2019 13:03:41(UTC)
delboy280

Originally Posted by: Giacomo Go to Quoted Post
I had the chance to read the whole Renault notification and the wiring to the solenoid valve must be removed altogether. Reason behind it is that sometimes, the valve itself gets stuck into the open position, by very small metal particles that are found in the oil. If such thing happens, the oil pressure gets extremely low, and serious engine damage can happen.

The fix sent in the Renault notification is complete removal of the valve's wiring, not just it's disconnection, so no 'random Joe" will connect it back by mistake when some service maintenance/check in will happen in the future. This issue is extremely serious and dangerous, and destroyed so far several Megane and Alpine A110 engines.

https://car-recalls.eu/r...l/alpine-a100-2017-2019/

P.S. The notification is quite poor written, many engineers who didn't study it carefuly, thought they must only check the wires, or replace them with new ones. Happened to me and found out there was no modification because the Renault engineer thought he only had to check the wiring and pressure, found them ok so he didnt do anything. Talked to him, and asked him to read it once again, he was quite reluctant, but afterthat he admitted he was wrong and did it correctly.

Therefore,it would be really wise that everyone who had his car recalled for this modification, talk once again with the service and make sure they removed the wiring, not just check it along with the pressure. The reason I am saying this is that even if your solenoid appears to work now, there is no guarantee it wont get stuck in the future and your engine may get totalled.

this is what i understood / told the wiring is removed.
but how does the solenoid work now!
Offline RED21  
#45 Posted : 12 November 2019 14:08:15(UTC)
RED21

It doesn't.
It remains in its static position and plugs the hole.
As for the metal particles, that notice gives more information than we got in the bulletin issued to us so please do not always blame the staff at dealerships for not passing on poor information as sometimes it's all we got.
Offline dannyboy  
#46 Posted : 12 November 2019 15:17:13(UTC)
dannyboy

Is that correct is was just meant to be removed regardless?? Because the dealership said, mine was all good that was that no work carried out as far as I'm aware
Offline foxspeed  
#47 Posted : 12 November 2019 18:25:25(UTC)
foxspeed

explains a lot as when i did oil & filter change on mine noticed a valve close to the oil filter wasnt connected and the plug was clipped out of the way...seems for once something was done correct on mine Blush

Edited by user 12 November 2019 18:27:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline FramerateUK  
#48 Posted : 13 November 2019 10:36:20(UTC)
FramerateUK

Well my local dealer are adamant that the solenoid needs changing and can't release the car as it's a red recall.

They literally just called me back to say the part is due in France today and should be with them next week.

I just want my car back for the heated seats, it's been bloody cold this week LOL LOL
Offline Grozzy  
#49 Posted : 14 November 2019 14:16:54(UTC)
Grozzy

Got my rs300 in may but according to my vin number it doesnt need a recall ? Yet everybody seems to be disconnecting this oil solenoid valve, should I be worried for my engine ?
Offline RED21  
#50 Posted : 14 November 2019 15:00:03(UTC)
RED21

No, if your vehicle chassis number does not fall within the range it is not affected and should be left as it is.