Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nick  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2019 18:48:12(UTC)
nick

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has had a rattling sound at 2k revs after taking the middle cat out? and if so how to solve this issue as its really annoying. Thanks in advance.

Nick.
Offline LewRS  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2019 21:37:49(UTC)
LewRS

Hi Nick,

A resounding yes. Have you an aftermarket exhaust? Jut curious. I had a new aftermarket exhaust fitted by K-tec racing and there were several sections of the exhaust that presented vibrations. Most of which I had repaired but the one that persists is the insane rattle at around 2K revs. There were two parts to this - 1. a kind of bellowing low noise from the exhaust at that range in any gear and then 2. a vibration from behind the dash separate to the exhaust issue. The first one they removed but not sure how as they didn't go into it and the guy who worked on it wasn't there the day I picked it up (non-Renault). The second vibration which appears to be some ducting behind the dash was removed for a period but has worked its way back in. I now have another vibration at the rear when I accelerate hard and on the over-run. Highly f**king frustrating.

I know that doesn' really answer your question but just to offer something toward it.