Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JonnyRS  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2019 22:06:58(UTC)
JonnyRS

Hi all,

I'm very proud to be part of the family after picking up my Renault Mégane RS 265 two weeks ago.

The garage who have sold me the car are offering a two-year extended warranty on it for £500. I told them that I would go off and find out what the common faults/issues were on the Mégane RS to check if any potential faults would be covered. My car is 5 years old and has done 38k miles.

Could any current/previous owners let me know what typically will tend to 'go wrong'?

Thanks.
Offline keys1990  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2019 20:01:12(UTC)
keys1990

hi mate

I had a 265, 2015 model it had under 9000 when I picket it up and was on less than 13000 when I sold it about 3 months later. in the 3 months I had the car the garage had the car in a few times for different things but the major one was a leaking cam seal that when you revved hard made a loud pop and bang and then stunk like burning. other than this I didn't have any major problems but id certainly look at the warranty extension
Offline ianplymouth  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2019 21:47:51(UTC)
ianplymouth

Mine is on 114k miles now, bought it in August last year with 87k miles on it, did 8 track days last year, this year 4 trips to the ring, 3 to Spa and a couple of others and i don't tow it Big Smile Big Smile

Replaced the gearbox as 3rd and forth was getting a bit iffy, the rest ive spent money on is just tyres and brake pads ohh and fuel LOL LOL
Offline FramerateUK  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2019 15:39:54(UTC)
FramerateUK

I think the swivel hub bearings in the suspension tend to go after a few years, which should be covered in warrantee (i think?). I'm sure others will be able to fill you in on this, it was never an issue on mine.

I had my 250 Cup for 6 years, did loads of trackdays and it didn't miss a beat.

I did have to have the speedo screen changed after a few months (it stopped working) and the driver seat base was changed as it creaked, but mechanically the car was absolutely solid. Even after being t-boned on a roundabout and having the whole passenger side of the car replaced, along with airbags ect, the car carried on for another 3 years and didn't throw up any problems.

I loved how I could absolutely thrash it on a trackday and then drive home in comfort as if nothing had happened!