Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline burrellbloke  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2020 12:06:35(UTC)
burrellbloke

I ordered a Megane RS three months ago and had been patiently waiting for it to be built and arrive. Last week I went in to the Renault dealer and signed the paperwork for the finance etc., etc. and agreed that I would collect the car today (a week later),

I got a phone call this morning asking if I could come in an hour after our agreed time.

I then got another phone call to say that they had misplaced the keys and they would call me within 30 minutes when they had found them.

They did not phone me so I drove to the dealer.

I was then told that the car was valeted and prepared yesterday ready for me to pick up the car today - but no one knows what had happened to the keys after the car had been valeted. The person who had valeted the keys thought he had returned them to the key safe. They were not in the key safe.

The car is locked and sat exactly where to was after the valet had been completed.

The dealer told me that they had looked everywhere but could not find the keys and that they would carry on looking. Their plan B if they cannot find the keys is to order a new set from Renault.

I told the dealer that I was not happy and that I now had the problem of insurance on my current car as it expired at 12 noon today. I was then given 5 day drive away insurance to cover the car I was going to part exchange. I asked the sales rep if the insurance cover would cover me for business purposes (for when I am travelling from location to location during the working day for the purposes of business) and he said yes. He then haded me the insurance certificate that specifically excluded business cover! The manager then intervened and provided me with another insurance policy that did not exclude business use.

This is so frustrating. I have been told that they can get a new set of keys within 3 to 4 days. Is this correct?

I am now paranoid thinking if they have misplaced the keys does that mean someone is walking around with the keys to my car. Even if I am given a replacement set of keys how can I be sure that the keys that have been lost cannot be used by a dishonest person to open my car at a later date?

Edited by user 25 January 2020 12:07:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline foxspeed  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2020 13:06:59(UTC)
foxspeed

wow how bad is that!!!

tell them you want the old car keys deleting from the system so they cannot be used

what dealer is it? not pentagon lincoln? or the other clowns i had misfortune to deal with at rrg west london?
Offline burrellbloke  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2020 17:10:32(UTC)
burrellbloke

Thankfully they found the keys in another car that had been valeted.

I have been united with my RS now.

It wasn’t a dealer in Lincoln.
Offline foxspeed  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2020 12:28:47(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: burrellbloke Go to Quoted Post
Thankfully they found the keys in another car that had been valeted.

I have been united with my RS now.

It wasn’t a dealer in Lincoln.

result then!

a london dealer then..